Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford says Fiesta won't return for 2018

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What I don't understand is the Fist actually has nice HP for it's weight/size and it screams around corners. Add a hybrid turbo and it's a package that's hard to beat unless you spend quite a bit more money. I think people lack perspective.
AGREED!! [like]

Yet so many abandon it (more like drop it like a white hot tater) for the next Nippon 'wundercar' coming down the pike for even much more coin (short attention spans?? way too easily bored/jaded??), even AFTER RANTING AND RAVING about how great it is to own/drive. [???:)]

So given that, it is kind of hard to blame anyone for not buying it in the first place.

Waterfan

FiST's #1 problem is FoST.

If you are in the <1% of US buyers looking for a hot hatch, you are most likely to choose power (not power to weight which is so close as makes no difference) and slightly more room/perceived utility for the "same" perceived cost vs 500 fewer pounds and slightly more fun (mostly subjective)

If you are in the <1% of US buyers looking for a hot hatch, you are most likely to choose power (not power to weight which is so close as makes no difference) and slightly more room/perceived utility for the "same" perceived cost vs 500 fewer pounds and slightly more fun (mostly subjective)
No, the Focus ST is substantially more expensive. Fully loaded about $5000 more
Base model only $3000 more expensive, but the base Fiesta has more included stuff, SYNC 3 etc.

Quisp

1000 Post Club

Yeap I almost made that mistake.

jayrod1980

I see 10x focus vs fiesta st. In fact it’s unqualified in Vegas to see a Focus that isn’t an ST. It seems they sell well. Regardless, I had no interest in buying the Focus ST. I wonder what’s up with their strategy right now. I know small cars don’t net much profit for Ford, but they must be banking on cafe standards or something being relaxed because all of these small cars were sold in the States to raise the average corporate fleet MPG. Either that or they are losing so much money in the car side of the automotive market that they would rather pay tariffs than spend the money selling small cars here. It’s a sad day. I better stock up on Fiesta parts now, else upkeep might be as bad as the contour of old.

jayrod1980

Not to mention, at the time it was introduced, the Fiesta had the most high textile strength steer used out of any Ford offered. It was and is an excellent chassis. For some reason American buyer and manufacturers alike just don’t want to invest in superb compacts.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-fiesta-1-0l-ecoboost-axed-in-the-u-s/

In an email, Ford told us that if you want to buy a Fiesta, you’ll only have two engines to choose from: a naturally aspirated inline-four and the ST’s turbocharged four. The three-cylinder has been dropped from the U.S. Fiesta lineup. Ford says this decision was made “based on customer demand.”

http://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-fiesta-1-0l-ecoboost-axed-in-the-u-s/

In an email, Ford told us that if you want to buy a Fiesta, you’ll only have two engines to choose from: a naturally aspirated inline-four and the ST’s turbocharged four. The three-cylinder has been dropped from the U.S. Fiesta lineup. Ford says this decision was made “based on customer demand.”
The 1 L goes away for us because the new gen 3 cylinder will come from the plant that made the 1L Ecoboost we were getting but not buying in high enough numbers.

Too bad they are also discontinuing the Focus for 2018. At least its not indefinite at this point. Hopefully they don't make that stupid decision.

With models like the fusion sport, the fiesta St and focus st are kind of redundant. How many SUVs does Ford have again? Lol. I bet they're going to make a fusion hatch to cover up the focus /fiesta. If they do, I hope it's as sexy as the cts wagon.

With models like the fusion sport, the fiesta St and focus st are kind of redundant. How many SUVs does Ford have again? Lol. I bet they're going to make a fusion hatch to cover up the focus /fiesta. If they do, I hope it's as sexy as the cts wagon.
The cts wagon was an exception to the new rule. Passenger car based wagons are pretty much extinct. Even though most crossover SUV's are based on passenger car type unitized chassis. The public has decided high cg vehicles with all wheel drive are what they want. I have seen Focus ST wagons in dearborn. But they will never be sold in the States.

Waterfan

No, the Focus ST is substantially more expensive. Fully loaded about $5000 more
Base model only $3000 more expensive, but the base Fiesta has more included stuff, SYNC 3 etc.
Hence the phrase "same perceived cost" with same in quotes.

I respectfully disagree. They are very different cars in many ways, at very different price points.
I suppose. It's different where I live I guess, you either see Kia suvs's, or Ford fusions. Fiesta sedans are 1 off, focus sedans are 1 off. I live in the std capital of the world though if that makes a difference lol.

Last edited:

nenw

Have been doing some research on whether to buy used or new while 2017 models are still sitting around and I came across these dated 9/11/17. I was excited to see an ST 2018 order form however the order form for the S, SE, Titanium had no mention of ST. Not sure if it to be taken as a glimmer of hope or not. Seems as though it isn't the new ride the Euro's are getting.

http://diehlford.com/images/pdf/ordering-guides/fiesta-st.pdf
http://diehlford.com/images/pdf/ordering-guides/fiesta.pdf

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Yep, I've been saying there would be no Fiesta in the U.S. for awhile now but everyone seems to be in denial (and not the river in Egypt lol)

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Hmmmmm not sure what to believe anymore. Looks like all same ugly colors and not ones wished would get on the st.

Hmmmmm not sure what to believe anymore. Looks like all same ugly colors and not ones wished would get on the st.
Not sure I would use the word ugly for the current colors, but I sure as heck would use the word unexciting. I went ahead and ordered a platinum white but everytime I see a ruby red ford I ask myself why can't we have that. Or a blue, or a green, or......