Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford says Fiesta won't return for 2018

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Not sure I would use the word ugly for the current colors, but I sure as heck would use the word unexciting. I went ahead and ordered a platinum white but everytime I see a ruby red ford I ask myself why can't we have that. Or a blue, or a green, or......

Ok the white is nice but the fiesta deserves some better colors. I really had fingers crossed for the new pepper red color and would have traded in my orange one.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Have been doing some research on whether to buy used or new while 2017 models are still sitting around and I came across these dated 9/11/17. I was excited to see an ST 2018 order form however the order form for the S, SE, Titanium had no mention of ST. Not sure if it to be taken as a glimmer of hope or not. Seems as though it isn't the new ride the Euro's are getting.

http://diehlford.com/images/pdf/ordering-guides/fiesta-st.pdf
http://diehlford.com/images/pdf/ordering-guides/fiesta.pdf

Thanks for posting these! These are actually helpful as there has been speculation as to what colors would be available for the ST in 2018. By these documents the 2017 colors should carry over to 2018 :(

It seems to me that Ford has the color thing exactly backwards. It seems the ST being the hot hatch so to speak should come with the exciting colors, like the new green, red and blue. I know the non ST's probably make up the bulk of production, but I think the buyers of those wouldn't really care if they were limited to Magnetic, white, black and maybe one other color. Unless a lot of the buyers are young girls and color is about the only thing many of them care about.

Ford ended the availability on FiST of what most people would expect to see offered on small sporty cars in 2015.

Ford ended the availability on FiST of what most people would expect to see offered on small sporty cars in 2015.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
My smartphone is totally dislexic.......dislexic.
Indeed it is dyslexic lol. Ya the only exciting color offered in 2017 was the Orange Spice. Everything is is pretty much standard fare every car color. The Performance Blue was great in my opinion and had they offered it in 2017 it would have been my 2017 color choice. As it is I am most likely winding up with an Orange Spice car.
Oh the new Blue on the 2018 European cars is nice too. If that matters lol.

Ford. also limited color choices and options on the 1.0 litr Fiesta. With the exception of a couple extra cost tri coat shades, the color palette went dark after 2015. Reduced variation lowers costs. But , it also reduces its general appeal.Its not unlike selling ice cream Iif you only offer vanilla and mint chocolate chip, many buyers will not settle.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Ford. also limited color choices and options on the 1.0 litr Fiesta. With the exception of a couple extra cost tri coat shades, the color palette went dark after 2015. Reduced variation lowers costs. But , it also reduces its general appeal.Its not unlike selling ice cream Iif you only offer vanilla and mint chocolate chip, many buyers will not settle.

Yep. I wanted to trade in mine for a newer one but just can't because the colors are so boring now. And now I'm sad that there is another year of same boring colors.

If i were in the hunt for a fist i would probably get black. The paint on these cars is so fragile that a repaint and color change would be in the plan within two years. Its too bad Ford couldn't have offered up the blue and gray choices that are on Focus RS. That would have been a nice farewell. Pick for the last North American Fiesta ST buyers.

Not sure I would use the word ugly for the current colors, but I sure as heck would use the word unexciting. I went ahead and ordered a platinum white but everytime I see a ruby red ford I ask myself why can't we have that. Or a blue, or a green, or......
Call me boring but I actually prefer an unexeciting color on a car such as the FiST. As we all know it's an absolute riot of a car to drive yet has the looks of an econobox rental car. I love it! I always feel like I'm flying around under the radar whenever I drive it [smoking]

Glad to hear it's not just me. I never thought I'd buy a dark grey car, but when I saw it on the lot, I really liked the more subtle look of my Magnetic--and the fact that it passes unnoticed to everyone but enthusiasts who know what a FiST is. I had a bright orange econobox for six years and was sick of driving a flashy car with no go, so I really enjoy the opposite: speedy anonymity.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Call me boring but I actually prefer an unexeciting color on a car such as the FiST. As we all know it's an absolute riot of a car to drive yet has the looks of an econobox rental car. I love it! I always feel like I'm flying around under the radar whenever I drive it [smoking]
Same here! [thumb]

Many will state (or claim that it is a 'myth') that LEOs are not immediately focused on brighter colored objects (vs. duller, less flashy objects) flying by, but I for one disagree, since it is human nature to notice more blingy things moving fast, and no amount of training can overcome that tendency. ;)

That being said, I would have chosen the Performance Blue, Ingot Silver (IF they were available to be ordered in 2016), or Nitrous Blue IF it were EVER available for this car.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Flashy does garner more attention. But small(er) vehicles look like they're speeding. (which is perverse considering it's often harder to slow those land yachts down) Returning the favor, sometimes I'll use that mis-perception to really mess with'em... high RPM sounds like you're *really* speeding AND it's a small vehicle so it looks like it's speeding anyway. [hah] Though the Fiesta is a bit too quiet so the only way you to really play with them is to hit the speed limit now. [deviltail] That said, I really do prefer a quieter vehicle though, the noise level on the motorcycle does play a role.

I dont think radar cares what color a car is. But if people here wonder why our cars are so invisible to other FiST owners, the fact many are painted in metoo shades of black , grey and white could be a valid reason. But i can say that a thirtish woman in a kona blue Fiesta hatch sitting opposite me at a stoplight gave me an odd kind of finger wiggling wave and a smile as she executed a left turn today. Maybe she was trying to flip me off and couldn't decide on the most appropriate finger/fingers. It had to be my car.cuz im ugly as fuk, with zero sex appeal.

I also prefer stealth mode.
The only factory emblem still on the car is the ST on the grill.
The only indication of any mods is the AP mounted on the windshield & a Cobb license plate frame (which is good for 5 hp).
And, of course, sneaky black. [driving]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I love a "Q" ship. I have surprised sooo many cars on entrance ramps. Only ST I have seen in months in E. TN was a Focus about a week ago.