Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone who Tracks the FiST...

Just installed LSD in my car last week and tracked yesterday. Best change I've ever made, if your on the fence..... Don't be, its worth every single penny! Through turns I can punch it in 2nd gear and just grip right on through instead of spinning and understeering off the track!

(my other mods are 300whp, bilstein coilovers, ST rear sway bar, Stoptech rotors, ebc yellowstuff pads, Mfactory Differential, toyo r888r tires in 225/50/15 size)

Secondary benefit, my brakes seem to be more consistent throughout the day and had way less heat (before was 800 degrees and on my pads the paint would literally be bubbling, now they are cooler and hopefully will last a lot longer)

FiST was getting respect from lots of people yesterday!

codestp202

Awesome!

What was your out the door cost for the diff + installation? Also, how did you go about finding a reputable shop to install it?

Definitely on my list of track upgrades! I've been eyeing the M-Factory LSD and now that Ron @ Whoosh offers them it takes a significant amount of willpower not to just impulse buy one!

So I was on my very first track day last weekend, and loved it!

Issues I had was excessive body roll, and the brakes! The tires had so much grip, I only locked up once under very heavy braking (and that was a lot of pressure on the brake pedal), which makes me think the car can take better brakes!

So one thing at a time, but to your point Jesse, how are the yellowstuff pads holding up? Would you recommend using those for both track and daily driving? Or do you swap to road pads?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
If you were "locking up" the tires, that means you were running out of tires...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you were "locking up" the tires, that means you were running out of tires...

That's true, but like I said, in the 27 laps I did, I only locked up once! And that was in the earlier stints. That makes me think that's when the brakes were at their ideal temperature, and after that they got hotter and less effective. I've squeezed the brake pedal hard and it never locked up on me. That makes me think could use brakes which work better at higher temps. Basically something that works well on a wide range of temps, like I've heard yellow stuff does, but I've also heard it chews up rotors. Would be good to get some perspective.

Also, any opinions on rear sway bars? I couldn't get the back to step out, couldn't even induce lift off oversteer. The car does tend to understeer, but it isn't too bad, but to curtail the body roll, I'm guessing stock front sway bar and add a rear sway bar?

Any thoughts?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Just work on your weight transfer a little better. You already have the right idea. Try left foot braking mid corner.

OP
J
Thread Starter #10
I am a reputable shop and installed it myself :) My FiST price is 800$ for the install :p

OP
J
Thread Starter #11
I am very happy with the Yellowstuff.. They don't make Blue stuff yet for the FiST, call your EBC rep and ask for blues so they start making them.... Yellowstuff never fades, but it does wear out quickly with the high temp the FiST small stock brakes create, even with stoptech rotors, I use about 75% of my pad in 1 track day... I'm on my 4th set already just bought 5 more sets