Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

should I buy a fiesta st

neeqness

1000 Post Club
My DD is/was my motorcycle and it is hard to beat as a commuter on these crowded highways in urban Los Angeles. Especially adding the fun factor (perhaps only other bikers can truly relate to that). My FiST was intended for running errands and for basically whenever I needed to go anywhere carrying more than what would fit in my backpack. Before the FiST, driving cars didn't really excite me anymore. My motorcycle was probably a big reason why but also other cars on the market that I've driven prior to seemed to be quite bland when it came to "the driving experience"...especially now that I couldn't help comparing them to the bike.

I didn't expect this car to be so fun to drive though. It has easily beat any car I've driven so far on the fun factor and mind you that while I have commuted in it, this was not intended to be my daily driver. Heck, if I could have split lanes in this car my motorcycle might have wound up sold at this point...and although it isn't the fastest it is still a sport bike and by no means a slouch as far as bikes go. Apparently contrary to the belief of many who seem to believe that the fun factor is equivalent to horsepower, torque, top speed, or looks (lol), go-carts can also be quite fun to drive and yet lack in all these regards.

Yet still it is so much fun to drive that I found myself adding a new task for this car...road warrior. I've been cross country twice and several places in between within less than 2 years of ownership and now nearly 50k miles on the odometer. It managed to fit 3 adults with luggage, cooler, and 3 sleeping bags on one such trip for 3 weeks on the road between here and Miami. It was a snug fit and the rear view mirror was basically useless the whole trip but no one was crying about it even though only 1 person was short.

I don't regret buying this car one bit and actually I'm happy I bought it even though I probably pay more than most per month because of an upside down trade-in (G35 ouch)...still worth it to me though. This is definitely one of my favorites.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

The "research" I did before trying out a FiST mainly comprised watching every YouTube vid I could find showing FiST road tests. Every single one I watched ended with the tester giggling and gushing about what an outstanding driver's car the ST is, and my own test drive only verified the video reviews. I traded in a 2010 MINI Cooper S on the Fiesta, and in many ways I think I came out ahead. One unanticipated benefit was that the new FiST costs less to insure than the 5-year-old MINI. So I've had the ST for over two years, and have had no problems with it. It was a great daily commuter before I retired last year, and sees less mileage now that we use the wife's Escape for most travel. So it's just pushing 10K miles on the odometer - not a lot - and it still looks pristine. My only regret is that my favorite hobby (RC aircraft) is outgrowing its carrying capacity. No big deal.

FB

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
This is a great car, it's a real sleeper. I also watched tons of videos, and read a lot too, and what finally convinced me was the numerous rave reviews from all the car magazines I had been reading since I was a kid. To put it in perspective, I like this car more than the E90 M3 I had before. That car was of course faster, but that wasn't really usable on the street, where it was 0-jail in about 10 seconds. I'm a retired traffic lawyer, and I wanted to remove that temptation and get a car whose main attribute, its nimble and agile handling, is accessible in the real world. The car has filled that role perfectly.
The M3 had a much nicer interior, but when you're driving you're not looking at the interior. Everything about it was nutty expensive, too ($250 for an oil change), and the FiST is quite cheap to run.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Oh and you better hurry up and decide. Other threads are predicting that 2017 is the last year for the fist! At least for the USDM market.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Oh and you better hurry up and decide. Other threads are predicting that 2017 is the last year for the fist! At least for the USDM market.

^^^Yeah, at least for a brand spanking new one with a factory warranty. ;)

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club

Shhhhhh, stop telling people this. Wait to tell everyone after I have 2 of them in my garage ;)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Lol. Its no surprise with the way MOST millennials are. Of course excluding the ppl on these forums. Rather uber or lyft than enjoy driving let alone one of the best lil cars one can buy.

I'm only 152lbs so I'm still 100lbs under the limit. It's no different than having 4-5 people in it, only with the gravel no one bitches that they have no leg/headroom [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk