Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sparco Seat install + Airbag bypass. '16 FiST

TemecFist

I
Looks super tight in the hips but maybe it's just the angle mixed with the style of seat. I'm not opposed to a halo but wide fixed back was my priority. Thanks again.
I would not use a halo for Daily driving. Even fixed back seats with high thigh bolsters are a PIA for daily driving. The halo makes it worse. Sparco does make a seat with a remove halo tho. That might be an option for you. The widest seat you can fit is a Sparco Evo II US. You can use those dimensions to compare with other seats to see of they will fit.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Looks super tight in the hips but maybe it's just the angle mixed with the style of seat. I'm not opposed to a halo but wide fixed back was my priority. Thanks again.
The hip width on this seat is perfect for my 36” waist. It’s definitely “pockets empty” snug but I’m also a sprinter so I have large legs. Without the halo you could run a wider seat. Perhaps someone else makes a halo seat that’s a bit wider and fits. Though the halo isn’t terribly inconvenient, I wouldn’t daily with it because it creates a bit of a blind spot. I’d probably get a seat with a shallower bolster for daily use as well. Getting out takes far more effort than an OEM seat and I could see it getting old quick.

I also have a Bridgemoto Suzuka seat that I haven’t test fit yet. It’s similar in fitment to the Sparco QRT-R and a bit wider and shallower than my OMP. I plan to fit it soon but I love the OMP so I’m not really in a hurry to swap them out. Here’s a pic of the Bridgemoto:
2E55F81D-9B59-4531-B08F-D83831E7952A.jpeg

TemecFist

The hip width on this seat is perfect for my 36” waist. It’s definitely “pockets empty” snug but I’m also a sprinter so I have large legs. Without the halo you could run a wider seat. Perhaps someone else makes a halo seat that’s a bit wider and fits. Though the halo isn’t terribly inconvenient, I wouldn’t daily with it because it creates a bit of a blind spot. I’d probably get a seat with a shallower bolster for daily use as well. Getting out takes far more effort than an OEM seat and I could see it getting old quick.

I also have a Bridgemoto Suzuka seat that I haven’t test fit yet. It’s similar in fitment to the Sparco QRT-R and a bit wider and shallower than my OMP. I plan to fit it soon but I love the OMP so I’m not really in a hurry to swap them out. Here’s a pic of the Bridgemoto:
View attachment 37047
I have a set of Sparco Chronos (L) that fit PERFECTLY. To me, those seats are the perfect DD seats for this car. The other thing about dailying a fixed seat is, they get tore up pretty quickly. The material on the thought bolster just gets chewed up and worn out. Those Bridgemotos look nice. Did they come with the ST logo, or was that something you had done to them?
I know everyone loves the Recaros that come in these cars, but tbh, I think the only reason that they love them is because it's the only factor option. For me, I would take the Sparco Chrono's over the factory Recaros all day long. Those Recaros just didnt fit me right.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Bought a single Sparco Chrono in Standard size which I guess is Large since Medium is smaller than Standard. $433 shipped so for that cheap, it's worth a blind purchase.

TemecFist

Bought a single Sparco Chrono in Standard size which I guess is Large since Medium is smaller than Standard. $433 shipped so for that cheap, it's worth a blind purchase.
You will like it.....without a doubt. Let us know tho.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I have a set of Sparco Chronos (L) that fit PERFECTLY. To me, those seats are the perfect DD seats for this car. The other thing about dailying a fixed seat is, they get tore up pretty quickly. The material on the thought bolster just gets chewed up and worn out. Those Bridgemotos look nice. Did they come with the ST logo, or was that something you had done to them?
I know everyone loves the Recaros that come in these cars, but tbh, I think the only reason that they love them is because it's the only factor option. For me, I would take the Sparco Chrono's over the factory Recaros all day long. Those Recaros just didnt fit me right.
Yea the seat was custom made with durability and comfort being one of my priorities. It’s plush and a lot nicer than my OMP. Bridgemoto is building me a halo seat now to match the other one. I’ll put the OMP in something else or maybe hook up a buddy. I could use a little more space when I’m wearing the coolshirt under my suit.

I’ve dailied a Recaro SPG for years - those seat bolster protectors that Recaro sells work wonders for preserving the seats! Highly recommend them.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Regarding the Sparco Chrono, what did you need to mount them? I've got the Planted bracket and the Planted hardware kit. What else did you get? Would be cool if I could buy a slider or something. Thanks.

TemecFist

I used the planted bracket, hardware kit, and Sparco slider.

t, post: 431899, member: 11420"]Regarding the Sparco Chrono, what did you need to mount them? I've got the Planted bracket and the Planted hardware kit. What else did you get? Would be cool if I could buy a slider or something. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thanks - ordered what appears to be the right Sparco slider, $80. Fingers crossed that I like this setup. Thanks again!

I used the planted bracket, hardware kit, and Sparco slider.

t, post: 431899, member: 11420"]Regarding the Sparco Chrono, what did you need to mount them? I've got the Planted bracket and the Planted hardware kit. What else did you get? Would be cool if I could buy a slider or something. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]
Which companies planted bracket? Could someone post a link up of mounting bracket, hardware and sliders used? About to buy some sparco RT 100's but don't want to brake the bank on mounting components and still want to be able to slide the seats forwards and backwards.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Which companies planted bracket? Could someone post a link up of mounting bracket, hardware and sliders used? About to buy some sparco RT 100's but don't want to brake the bank on mounting components and still want to be able to slide the seats forwards and backwards.[/QUOTE]
Planted is the company name that makes the bracket. Then a Sparco-branded slider should do it. I'm not sure if you need extra hardware but I bought the Planted hardware kit as well, think it was about $10.

TemecFist

Which companies planted bracket? Could someone post a link up of mounting bracket, hardware and sliders used? About to buy some sparco RT 100's but don't want to brake the bank on mounting components and still want to be able to slide the seats forwards and backwards.
Planted is the company name that makes the bases. Call 425 Motorsports. They have all the brackets, sliders and mounting hardware that you will need. The owner of 425 also owns Planted (who makes all of Sparcos bases, brackets, etc). Sparcos are just re-branded as Planted.

So there was a question asked a couple times but not answered, if I choose not to use the resistor fix on the airbag sensor, will it just be the side airbag that doesn't work or all drivers units? Debating if I'm gonna try and run my Sparco F200 as a DD or just install it for track days and not worry about the airbag light then

TemecFist

So there was a question asked a couple times but not answered, if I choose not to use the resistor fix on the airbag sensor, will it just be the side airbag that doesn't work or all drivers units? Debating if I'm gonna try and run my Sparco F200 as a DD or just install it for track days and not worry about the airbag light then
None of the airbags will work.