Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dizzy Tuning E30 Flash Tune

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

Dyno testing is complete on the upcoming E30 Fiesta Flash Tune, and I must say, I’m pretty damn happy with the results! Mods are still the same on our 2016 test car; a Cobb drop-in filter and Denso step-colder spark plugs. That’s it!

We picked up more than 100 ft/lbs. of torque from 2,700-3,300 RPM, over the OEM tune on 93 octane! And not only are these huge gains seen down low, but torque is sustained all the way out to redline!

Peak wheel hp on the E30 tune was 211whp, which may not seem like huge gains compared to our 93 octane Flash Tune results of 201whp. But peak power was made up near 5,000 RPM. If you look at the area under the curve (AUC), and the amount of power gained all the way leading up to peak power, you can see where this tune really shines. There is nearly a 40whp gain at 3,300 RPM!

The E30 Flash Tune should be available on my website within the next week!

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Do you have steady access to that dyno shown in the pic above?

In other words, is there an option for an in person, 'on the rollers' E30 tune, (for a much greater cost of course ;) )?
IF so, how far away is the nearest E85 station?

I would probably have to leave my place at ~2:30 AM in order to get there by your starting time though, considering the 25 hour a day parking lot that whole area is all of the time, especially within 30 miles of JFK in EITHER direction (I'll need a new clutch when I get back home). [mad] [:(]

codestp202

Hey Jason these are some good numbers.

How many PSI of boost is this? I'm in the market for an E30 tune. Right now I'm running a DHM Stage 2'ish tune as I have stock downpipe, an aftermarket intercooler, cobb drop in filter, cobb cat back, and a step colder plugs. I see 26 PSI on my current tune.

Do you include the crackles on decel? And what makes your tunes stand out of Stratified who I think is going to be your primary competitor for e30 tunes (they also charge a lower price)?

I'm interested!

Quick edit: What is the redline on these tunes?

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
Do you have steady access to that dyno shown in the pic above?

In other words, is there an option for an in person, 'on the rollers' E30 tune, (for a much greater cost of course ;) )?
IF so, how far away is the nearest E85 station?

I would probably have to leave my place at ~2:30 AM in order to get there by your starting time though, considering the 25 hour a day parking lot that whole area is all of the time, especially within 30 miles of JFK in EITHER direction (I'll need a new clutch when I get back home). [mad] [:(]
Yes, the dyno is available anytime.
I'm sending you a pm :)

OP
J
Thread Starter #7
Hey Jason these are some good numbers.

How many PSI of boost is this? I'm in the market for an E30 tune. Right now I'm running a DHM Stage 2'ish tune as I have stock downpipe, an aftermarket intercooler, cobb drop in filter, cobb cat back, and a step colder plugs. I see 26 PSI on my current tune.

Do you include the crackles on decel? And what makes your tunes stand out of Stratified who I think is going to be your primary competitor for e30 tunes (they also charge a lower price)?

I'm interested!

Quick edit: What is the redline on these tunes?
Hey, thanks for the questions!

The redline is still oem, due to the factory turbo being well out of breathe up there anyway.

The E30 tune peaks around 25 psi, depending on many things. That is the boost that was run in the graph above.
I feel that my tune differs from all the others out there in that I spent a TON of seat time in this car! So, not only was a power increase the goal, but overall drivability of the vehicle. The oem tune was found to be very choppy and almost lurched into and out of boost. My maps completely dissolve this and promote nice smooth transitions into and out of boost. There are no added fees to my maps for options like LC or FFS or rev hang. It's all included in the purchase price. Crackles are not available yet, but are in the works. :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Can the factory economy upshift arrow light be re-programmed via tune to act as a high rev shift light??

I never heard a definitive answer to this one way or another, although I think I recall it being asked somewhere along the line. [???:)]

OP
J
Thread Starter #9
Can the factory economy upshift arrow light be re-programmed via tune to act as a high rev shift light??

I never heard a definitive answer to this one way or another, although I think I recall it being asked somewhere along the line. [???:)]
Sorry about that. Yessir, that is no problem.

OP
J
Thread Starter #10

Sorry about that. Yessir, that is no problem.

My review of the Dizzy E30 flash tune

Jason asked me to test out and review his E30 tune and make some comparisons to my current one (Stratified). Let me start off by first saying if you are looking for graphs/logs/dyno sheets- I'm not that guy. I did take a couple logs on both and may post at some point, but... what I am interested in is driver experience and FEEL.

I really like this tune and a few times the car has pulled harder than any other time to date! AT FIRST I found it difficult to notice any differences between the Dizzy and Stratified tunes [dunno] (That is a GOOD thing and a testament to Jason's hard work) I did a few back-to-back A/B testing of the tunes on 2 different days then remained on the Dizzy for the rest to get some seat time in and feel. Now after more driving time on the Dizzy I made a few observations. My first few back to back tests I was not able to do maximum all out/wide open pulls, so I did not notice much difference as both tunes are very smooth and have great drivability. It was just the past couple evenings when I had some open roads during some rural country driving- Damn! This tune feels like it pulls harder up top than my Strat tune! [burnout] Every time I did a pull I was like- man that pulled harder than I was expecting! On the Stratified tune my boost peaks mostly at 24-25psi, and on a couple occasions up to 26psi, VS the Dizzy tune where my peak boost so far is 23psi. Visually monitoring the boost gauge, it looks that the Strat tapered down a bit faster and the Dizzy held a bit longer and tapered less. In a SLIGHT way, I feel like the Strat starts pulling a LITTLE more at first down low and in a very linear way build power.. The Dizzy feels like it waits a SLIGHT bit longer- but the power comes on stronger...
Again, these are slight not major differences and took awhile to notice. Maybe someone else more experienced with logs and such can post their findings that may confirm what I have experienced so far. I have been extremely satisfied with my Stratified tunes(93 flash & E30 flash), and now enjoying the new fun of Dizzy's E30 flash tune! Variety is the spice of life. [cheers] In summary the biggest thing I noticed: I feel like both tunes are very smooth and powerful and have very similar driveability, but to me, on the Dizzy tune the car feels like it pulls harder up top. [strongman] Thank you Jason for letting me test your tune and I will certainly be having more fun with it in the future.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Just got my e30 tune installed from dizzy. Very impressive tune. The tq is just insane over stock. Jason also is great to deal with. Very helpful and fast. Now to have some with on a fast autocross layout. I'll try and get a vid to show where the power is useful.

Thanks again

OP
J
Thread Starter #16
Went back to the dyno to do the intake testing a lot of you have been waiting for. I’ll be posting more about detail about that very soon, but figured I would update this thread with E30 Flash Tune results with the fmic, piping and ramair crossover added.

Results: 320lbft/233hp

Attachments

Finally got around to flashing my E30 map today. Wow! First time I've been able to pair the power with the fresh rubber (RE71Rs). That torque is definitely felt throughout.

Awesome numbers! I'm thinking about going with an e30 just for the weekends/spirited drives. e85 isn't readily available so I would mainly rely on my 93 tune which is currently stratified but those numbers posted above are making me think about canning up some e85 for and mixing for when I want some power.