Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

4x100 Hub conversion

Planning to do this conversion in the near future and wanted to share my progress.
Looked at the few threads I found here and realized I liked spoon's idea the best so I got in touch with Alex. I asked about the possibility of drilling the existing 4x108 holes to M14 and then tapping them to run lug bolts, like VWs run, that way I could always go back to stock. Alex was concerned M14 would be too large for the stock wheels so I borrowed an M14 lug bolt and it fit just fine so I gave him the go ahead. I asked him to drill/tap the 4X108 bolt pattern to M14x1.5 and the 4X100 pattern to M12x1.5, this way it would be easy to change bolt patterns. Here is a picture of the final product:

Hub.JPG

While looking for lug bolts i ran into stud conversions and was able to find a stud that can convert M14x1.5 to M12x1.5, I will be running these so I can use my same lug nuts for both bolt patterns. I should be installing these in the near future and will update the thread then.
Also wanted to take the time to thank Alex for willing to work with me and keeping me informed of any progress/delays with my order.

A few guys have done this on here, there's a jig floating around and one guy was offering to do it as a service, IMO wheelbolts suck dick, Press studs into the new holes and move on.

A few guys have done this on here, there's a jig floating around and one guy was offering to do it as a service, IMO wheelbolts suck dick, Press studs into the new holes and move on.
Agreed - lug bolts are a PITA. You can even get studs that thread into the hub w/ locktite (thats what I did with my previous e30 which had lug bolts) but pressing a stud in there would be ideal.

Nice. Sounds like somethin i would like to do. How much did you end on spending on all for corners? Are these off your current vehicle or did you buy a whome new set? Will definitely keep up on progress...

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
Agreed - lug bolts are a PITA. You can even get studs that thread into the hub w/ locktite (thats what I did with my previous e30 which had lug bolts) but pressing a stud in there would be ideal.
I wont be running lug bolts, will be running studs. Dont want to go thru the hassle of pressing new ones in either, these are the ones i purchased to run my stock wheels:

studs.JPG

hub complete.JPG

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Nice. Sounds like somethin i would like to do. How much did you end on spending on all for corners? Are these off your current vehicle or did you buy a whome new set? Will definitely keep up on progress...
The hubs are new, purchased it all thru Alex (Gunrunner).

Waterfan

Lugbolts for 4x108/4x100 threaded hubs is a cool idea for easily using 4x100 wheels but also retaining the 4x108 factory/lightweight spare tire in an emergency. (assuming both are cone 60deg, only one set of lugbolts too)

As a previous and reformed lifetime fan of VWs I am used to/comfortable with lugbolts (by wedging my foot between tire and ground for support and mounting accuracy). Even so, studs are infinitely more convenient.

You're talking about wheel spacers. I think butterbunz or something like that on here is running them.. Most of the 4x100 guys I'm aware of redrilled their hubs.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Planning to do this conversion in the near future and wanted to share my progress.
Looked at the few threads I found here and realized I liked spoon's idea the best so I got in touch with Alex. I asked about the possibility of drilling the existing 4x108 holes to M14 and then tapping them to run lug bolts, like VWs run, that way I could always go back to stock. Alex was concerned M14 would be too large for the stock wheels so I borrowed an M14 lug bolt and it fit just fine so I gave him the go ahead. I asked him to drill/tap the 4X108 bolt pattern to M14x1.5 and the 4X100 pattern to M12x1.5, this way it would be easy to change bolt patterns. Here is a picture of the final product:

View attachment 15257

While looking for lug bolts i ran into stud conversions and was able to find a stud that can convert M14x1.5 to M12x1.5, I will be running these so I can use my same lug nuts for both bolt patterns. I should be installing these in the near future and will update the thread then.
Also wanted to take the time to thank Alex for willing to work with me and keeping me informed of any progress/delays with my order.
Hi Slowcord

Thanks for taking the time to put this up so we can all see [thumb]

Couple of questions, which I'm happy for anyone to answer.

1. Do we know if our hubs are generic across the fiesta range? As in nothing special about the ST's?
2. Where did you get your conversion studs from and any particular reason you went to M14's instead of staying M12?

Many thanks,

Dazzle

OP
S
Thread Starter #15
Hi Slowcord

Thanks for taking the time to put this up so we can all see [thumb]

Couple of questions, which I'm happy for anyone to answer.

1. Do we know if our hubs are generic across the fiesta range? As in nothing special about the ST's?
2. Where did you get your conversion studs from and any particular reason you went to M14's instead of staying M12?

Many thanks,

Dazzle

They are not the same across all fiestas. I had a delay getting mine done because Alex was sent regular fiesta hubs as opposed to ST hubs, however all 4 ST hubs have the same part #.
I will actually be running M14>M12 conversion studs for the 4x108 bolt pattern and M12 studs for 4X100.
The reason i went with M14 is I wanted to use the existing holes that were already there for the 4x108 pattern.

They are not the same across all fiestas. I had a delay getting mine done because Alex was sent regular fiesta hubs as opposed to ST hubs, however all 4 ST hubs have the same part #.
Do you happen to know that number please?

OP
S
Thread Starter #19
Wanted to give a quick update on this project now that I am on vacation and have the time to do so.
I ended up removing the spindles from the car and having my local part store/shop press in the new hubs. New bearings were needed all around as the old bearings came apart when the original hubs were pressed out, for reference my car is at 40k miles.

front hub 1.JPG
front hub.JPG
rear hub.JPG

The work itself isnt that bad, if you have done your own brakes jobs or your axles then it isnt much more involved than those. One thing I must say is removing axles on a FWD Ford was a lot harder than it ever was on my B-series Nissans or my old Honda. Next up for me is getting my rotors drilled but that probably wont happen until its time to replace them again, this time I will go with Motorcraft rotors. This was a fun project, feel free to ask any questions.

Attachments