Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who does their own work?

Who does (installs) their own modifications?

• I install all my modifications

Votes: 53 74.6%
  • I have someone else install all my modifications

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I just do easy installs and have a shop do the more difficult ones

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters
Currently doing all the work myself. The plan is to put in forged internals this winter or next spring, which I'm definitely nervous about. If there was a factory manual I'd be far more comfortable.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I also cheat and have a LOT of tools and lifts I can use from two posts, to drive over lifts, all the way to an alignment rack with scan tools and the lot.
I will admit that I am INSANELY JEALOUS of your available to you facilities and equipment! [thumb] [:(]

Pete

Always do my own work. From Basic bolt ons to transmission tear downs to engine installs.

Ok, my last post in this thread was a definite no when it comes to work on my own car, baring oil changes. That must be amended now. I, with the help of my cousin, who also has an ST, just swapped out my intercooler. I now have depot racing pipes and intercooler. Pics below:

Last edited:
Nice, it's far more rewarding to me and much cheaper to do work myself. I think it may be time for a set of ramps, I usually use jack and jack stands for every job, but for ones like you just did, which I have to do soon, seems like it would save a good bit of time.