Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who does their own work?

Who does (installs) their own modifications?

• I install all my modifications

Votes: 53 74.6%
  • I have someone else install all my modifications

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I just do easy installs and have a shop do the more difficult ones

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters
I wanted to make this a poll, but I can't seem to find the option or maybe admins have to do it??

Anyhow, who does their own modifications?
I do! I do!

Who else?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I do everything I know I can't screw up.
Yup, +1!

I will not even THINK about attempting a limited slip diff install (or final drive r&p, transaxle gear cluster change), and MUCH KUDOS to those who have done this themselves, and were successful at it. [twothumb]

The same goes for any head/cam or internal engine work. [doorpeek]
(I am 'lost in the wilderness' when it comes to; degree wheels, torque angle dealings, and torque to yield fasteners, especially with no factory shop manuals for guidence! [:(])

OP
L
Thread Starter #10
Wrench therapy 4tw. I could never do technician work for a living though. My vulgar threats to the vehicle and alcohol consumption would likely be frowned upon.
I was a tech for about 4 years, I think every 3rd or 4th word was some variation of f*ck [?|]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
^ Problem was, you actually cared. It's the 'chanic that goes, 'oh well' or 'shrug' or "...these cheap cars..." that I worry about and have had experiences with.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Do everything myself. This car is extremely easy to work on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't trust anyone else to touch my cars but I have my limits. Like m-sport I won't touch internal drivetrain work. But anything else is game.

I plan on getting a QuickJack this summer to make wrenching fun again. Lately I've been dreading it. When it takes longer to get the car in the air than to do the actual work there's a problem ;)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Poll added to thread.....

"Who does (installs) their own modifications?"

kevinatfms

Do 99%(no machining) myself. Built my own motor in a truck i had after one i bought from another company shredded the valve stems. For the Fiesta, ill more than likely build my own when the time comes using one of the available kits.

I have a very hard time trusting anyone but myself to so much as touch any of my vehicles. I've seen too many times what careless "technicians" do to customer vehicles. If I do it I know it's done to my standards and the way I want it done.

I wish I could wrench better. I do the basics but had my Mishi rad/oil cooler installed by a race shop (and while they were in there I had them put on the intercooler). I'll do my own oil changes and brake work because that's almost a must if going to the track. Other than that I'm useless.