Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Poll Your Preference: 2-Door or 4-Door

What would you prefer to purchase?

• Total voters

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Just curious whether North/South/Central American owners would buy a two door version?
Don't know whether four door is an option else where, but would folks outside the Americas purchase a four door?

Two doors is not an option in the U.S..

Where are you located and, any particular reason for your preference?

Never understood Fords Marketing of the 2 door across the Pond. I would prefer a 2 door as I don't need another family car.

I inherently gravitate towards 4 doors more than 2 doors for some reason. Just think they look better. I'd rather have an e90 vs e92 m3 for instance or a e36 M3/4/5 vs M3/2/5 but that's all subjective.

Zormecteon

I wanted a 2 door when I got mine, but as we know, only 4 door available in N.A.... BUT..

Now that I've had it. given the choice I would pick 4 again. It doesn't look quite as sporty, but the convenience far outweighs the looks.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My kids are all fully grown with rides of their own, and I already 'gutted' the whole back seat area anyway, so I would MUCH prefer a 2 door to what we are forced to take here in NA.

It is one of the very few things I don't like about this car (the factory wheels, no proper gauges, and no factory installed limited slip option are the others) and it would not be an 'inconvenience' in the least for me to either slide (IF I got one piece shell type racing seats), or tilt (for the current base seats or if I get aftermarket recliners in the future) the front seats forward to fit anything into the cargo area from the two side doors. ;)

One of the things that KILLS the looks of the Nippon 'rally twins' (Evo/STI) for me is their sedan over coupe configuration, and I liked the way the old, 2.5 RS Scooby body style looked MUCH better as the basis of the Prodrive WRC car (and I believe it WAS offered in AWD/turbo to the rest of the world [dunno])

I dont like the look of the giant doors on the 2-door model, so 4 doors for me. Always.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Four doors are not only more utilitarian, but they look more sophisticated. The corner or side profile for two doors, appear to me, to be too much like a high-school / college-debt vehicle. Nothing wrong with them, just personal preference. While I was happy they have four door on a smaller vehicle, (but not too small,) was just curious what the preference split would be. So far it's pretty even.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Despite the 'status' thing, I STILL think that 2 doors look 'sportier', and less 'family sedan appliance' looking.

I also wanted to keep my record going of NEVER having owned anything but a 2 door car for my own personal use (ex-wife had ONLY 4 doors/wagons/mini-vans/etc.) since first getting behind the wheel some 45 years ago. [:(]

I would like the Fiesta to be a 3 door, and the Focus to be a 5 door. I'll never utilize the rear seats in my ST. Anything I put in it will go in the passenger seat, or in the rear hatch area.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It says 1088kg (2398.6lbs) on my door jam, what does it say on yours?
I will have to look, but they must leave out the door crash beams, and maybe some other items, on the far east versions, since the Euro/Brit 2 door versions are only about 100 lbs. lighter than our (~2725 lb.) USDM 4 doors, if I remember correctly. [dunno]

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I will have to look, but they must leave out the door crash beams, and maybe some other items, on the far east versions, since the Euro/Brit 2 door versions are only about 100 lbs. lighter than our (~2725 lb.) USDM 4 doors, if I remember correctly. [dunno]
I tried to research this, and came up with reported weight differences between the 2-door versions of the FiST and the 4-door ranging from a low of 35 lb. to a high of 130. When the British got a version with 4 doors (5 of course with hatch) Autocar reported a 44 lb difference-

The five-door car is a little less efficient than the three-door model, however, ... thanks to its 20kg heavier kerbweight.

If that's right, and I have no reason to doubt it, then obviously a US spec 2-door would only be 44 lb lighter than a US spec 4-door with the same safety equipment, assuming 2 larger door crash beams weigh close to what 4 smaller ones do.

XuperXero

Went through a toll weighing station, displayed 1.2 tons.

Me + passenger = 125 ton max.
Full tank of gas.
Spare tire and jack still there.
Full interior.