Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Troubling Trans Noise from Relatively New FiST

Quisp

1000 Post Club
There's no way to program the REAR windows to lower ALL of the way down, correct?

Is there a federally mandated internal block inside the door, on the regulator, or is it stopped electronically? [dunno]
On my Sentra it was limited by the regulator. It's for the children you know.

Only the drivers front does one touch down.
Press it down and hold it at the bottom for 5 seconds then press it down again. Then hold it all the way up and stay for 5 seconds, then press up again. That should reset the one touch feature. Again, only available for the ds front.

Also, the axle shaft tsb has been out for a few years and has to do with clicking in the CVs, IIRC.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Update for anyone that's interested:

Dropped the car off at the dealer and despite not being able to re-create my problem, they are replacing the half-shafts as recommended in a TSB. Parts will be here today or Monday. I'll report back on the end-result.
Is yours a 2017 model

Mine is a 17 what can I do to prove to them this is a problem and not normal, I printed off the tsb which they didn’t even acknowledge bc it’s for 2016, it’s getting worse I honestly feel unsafe driving it

OP
A
Thread Starter #25
Hey everyone, got the car back yesterday after being out of town and wanted to follow up.

They replaced the half-shafts per the TSB and IIRC a bearing associated with them as well. First impressions: the clack-clack noise when shifting and engaging the clutch has been eliminated. Not sure if it is the placebo effect, but shifting is noticably smoother and consistent. Before dropping it off, shifting felt a bit notchy. If you have a MY2016, this will most likely do the trick. This issue I experienced had nothing to do with the RMM.

Only the drivers front does one touch down.
Press it down and hold it at the bottom for 5 seconds then press it down again. Then hold it all the way up and stay for 5 seconds, then press up again. That should reset the one touch feature. Again, only available for the ds front.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip on the window switch. They said a software reset fixed the problem, but i'll certainly remember this if it happens again to the future. I appreciate the work performed on my car this week, but I avoid the stealership at all costs.

This issue I experienced had nothing to do with the RMM.
I have all of the symptoms as described on my 2014 since forever and that's what I thought too; all of the videos replicating the issue show the mount move but nowhere near bottoming out. I'll have to try to persuade dealership techs to look at it again when I go for regular service next month...