Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quick Short Shifter, worth it?

Just wondered what people's experience's were with quick shifters for the ST180/200.

What sort of reduction percentage's are you guys using and thoughts on it?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Despite it being a (minor) pain to get on the car, I could not imagine driving the car now without the Mountune top of the transaxle, 30% throw reduction 'plate' (MORE THAN worth the cost and bother to install! [thumb]).

I cannot comment on the boomba racing short shift handle replacement (in console, and the ONLY one made for that form of throw reduction it seems), since I do not have that, but would like to get that part in the future to reduce the throw that much more yet. ;)

Those that have some sort of short shift mod, is the transmission plate "enough?" I've heard others say its not worth it and you're better off doing the whole kit with the lever.
I was considering the Boomba adapter plate with bushings.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those that have some sort of short shift mod, is the transmission plate "enough?" I've heard others say its not worth it and you're better off doing the whole kit with the lever.
I was considering the Boomba adapter plate with bushings.
The Mountune plate, @ 30% reduction is definitely 'enough' for me right now, as it is still very smooth, and does not have any problems at all associated with it's operation.
I REALLY must ponder if that final, extra 15%-20% reduction from factory throw is worth the actual pain/bother of the Boomba console handle installation. ;)

BTW; I also DO have the Boomba alloy bushings installed on the under hood cable bracket.
It's hard to tell if they did anything beyond a 'placebo effect', but still glad I did them anyway while in that part of the car.

Do you have any thoughts on the Mountune plate vs Boomba's plate? If I remember correctly, Boomba is quite a bit cheaper

OP
I
Thread Starter #9
Thanks for all the feedback on the short shifter. Away to order one now haha

I went with FSWerks' short throw adapter. I hated having to seemingly reach into the back seat to shift into 2nd. Their adapter remedied this perfectly and at a great price point. There's plenty of such adapters out there, it's more than worth it to install. Tightens up the shifts a lot and feels good overall.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Do you have any thoughts on the Mountune plate vs Boomba's plate? If I remember correctly, Boomba is quite a bit cheaper
The main reason I went with the Mountune plate over all others is because it offered the MOST throw reduction, solely from the plate, and I wanted to see if that would actually be a short enough throw for me BEFORE I went to the expense and bother of the Boomba shift handle. ;)