Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RS, Type R, STI

Nice write up, I'd agree on the RS the ride is way to choppy for a daily at least around here.

Nice write up, I'd agree on the RS the ride is way to choppy for a daily at least around here.
Everyone says this, but I wonder how bad it really is. Is it worse than the FiST? Cause the FiST is pretty awful on rough roads, and most of us just deal with it. I wonder if Ford just doesn't care or it is part of their philosophy to just have stiff suspensions to keep the handling tight. It seems like with the RS having adjustable damping, they could have gone a little softer for the road and still kept it pretty tight for the track.

Everyone says this, but I wonder how bad it really is. Is it worse than the FiST? Cause the FiST is pretty awful on rough roads, and most of us just deal with it. I wonder if Ford just doesn't care or it is part of their philosophy to just have stiff suspensions to keep the handling tight. It seems like with the RS having adjustable damping, they could have gone a little softer for the road and still kept it pretty tight for the track.
I drove one while ago when I was thinking about trading in and up and while the FIST is pretty bad the RS was terrible I felt like I needed to go the chiropractor for a adjustment. The salesman tried the "we need better roads line" to me I said Ford need better engineers

OP
TomCat
Thread Starter #6
My favorite line:

"The STI sedan is less space efficient — but at least you can dry your wet towel over the rear wing."

The AWD turbo cars are in a totally separate category...

Higher purchase cost, higher insurance costs. Much faster tire wear along with the cost of tires suitable for and AWD turbo car. An oil change and tire rotation on a STI at the Subaru dealership is over $150.00. Plus, twice the drive axles and multiple seals for the transaxle and diffs. Bottom line is cost of ownership is close to Corvette levels.