Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is Sync3 v2.2 Better Than 1.0 if Won't Use Android Auto?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Is it better at voice recognition? Less likely to not recognize USB flash drive? In other words, is the basic functionality better, or does it just have an extra feature?
I don't care about Android Auto, don't want to have to plug my phone in every time I get in the car, I would rather let it bluetooth. AA (and the Apple equivalent) seemed to be the main difference in v2.2. I'd be interested in getting it if the things I mentioned above worked better, but they've been pretty good in v1.0- maybe three times in a year the system didn't recognize my USB stick, which was fixed by an unplug/replug, on/off, or system reset.
My auto download clearly isn't going to finish, it started in early May, since then it will say "Downloading Update" every once in a while and show a progress bar, which never went above ~30% percent full. Most times that I drive the car no download happens, so I'm just wondering if it's worth it to manually download v2.2 or have the dealer do it next week when it's in for the 1-year service. v2.2's been out for a few months, so just wondering how it's worked for people, if it's less buggy than v1.0, which as I said has actually been pretty good for me.

Last edited:

pnthr879

I don't know about other issues, but before the update my bluetooth would randomly crash and couldn't be fixed without powering the car down. I have not had this issue so far after the update.

Not sure I noticed any real difference, however I would do the update. Follow Fords recommendations using a thumb drive. Not very difficult.