Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lowered car ramps for working on the car?

Does anyone use ramps for working on their car and if so which one did you buy? I installed a 6 point chasis brace and there is no where to use go lift up the car except the sides which is hard because of the lowering springs. I just want to drive up and be able to get underneath the car. I've looked online but a lot of them look suspect.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just get a low profile jack....best tool I have bought to get any car off the ground....followed by some nice jackstands...[emoji869]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Does anyone use ramps for working on their car and if so which one did you buy? I installed a 6 point chasis brace and there is no where to use go lift up the car except the sides which is hard because of the lowering springs. I just want to drive up and be able to get underneath the car. I've looked online but a lot of them look suspect.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
You can check out Race Ramps. I was thinking about getting some as well. Not cheap though but very convenient.
https://raceramps.com/ramp-category/garage-and-service-ramps/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhino Ramps.
Low incline, tough, and not very expensive.
Mine have handled everything from a Jeep Cherokee to a PT Cruiser to a Jeep Rubicon to a Suzuki SX4 to the ST.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Jacking up the car and putting it on jack stands is stupid for an oil change. I use the Rhino ramps with a 2x4 on the front because my splitter doesn't clear it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rhino Ramps function well with my FiST. I was expecting issues, since these ramps had clearance problems when used with my (prev. owned) Mazdaspeed 3, at stock ride height. Nope--the Fiesta ST has less front overhang, and I get no clearance probs at stock height. The Harbor Freight 1.5 ton 'race ramp' is often on sale (just bought a 2nd one--$59); ramps, jacks, and jackstands...worth the investment.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I made some wood ramps like 4 years back and they still work fine. I think it's 5 steps and 6 inches wide

+1 for wood ramps. Mine are progressively stacked 1x6 and get the car up about three inches to give more jack clearance.

Waterfan

Low profile jack on inner A-arm mounting point plus jackstands = win