Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Exhaust smell after stratified tune

Hey everyone, earlier today I flashed my stratified tune with loud exhaust crackles and after driving around the neighborhood when I came to a stop I smelt something burning. Does anyone know what that could be from, running MBRP Catback on a stock DP. Thanks.

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Do you recommend I keep an eye on something specific, or just the general ignition correction and air temp?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeap...just follow their directions...and enjoy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have the stock Dp....running it currently

The crackle tune kills your stock dp. I messaged them and asked about it, pretty much got told if I'm not catless I'll kill my dp.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've looked at how it's done with no avail..maybe stratified can come on and explain how it's done![emoji869]

I would love for you to explain to me in actual engineering terms, how you're getting exhaust crackle without an explosion in the exhaust and if you can't, then explain how you get an explosion in the exhaust stream without excess fuel. It's backfiring. Not a lot of ways to get that.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Why? You're not an engineer. You're a mechanic. And not even a good one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You're a troll. And not even a good one.

- V2 exhaust "crackles and pops" are an option where no additional fuel is injected

From Stratified themselves regarding the crackle map.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
- V2 exhaust "crackles and pops" are an option where no additional fuel is injected

From Stratified themselves regarding the crackle map.
I also wish that Stratified would come on and explain this as well.

Maybe they are FULLY closing the throttle plate while keeping a 'normal amount' of fuel being injected into the cylinder, hence the ability to state "no additional fuel is injected"? [???:)] [dunno]

Reversion is part of what causes it, so I'm sure the throttle plate actuation is a part of it, but I watched it live on my access port while driving yesterday. They don't stop their fuelling on decel, most likely. Your afr stays stoich or slightly rich the entire time it burbles and pops.
I ran an oversized exhaust on my ranger and got tons of reversion pops. This is not that. Also, they increase when you feather your throttle just enough to cause fuelling to occur.

I would also appreciate some insight from Stratified. I'm genuinely curious.

Edit: exactly. No "additional fuel". There are a few ways I can think of with timing and fuelling strategies that would make that work. Remember, Ford designed it to shut the injectors off completely on decel.