Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J Cowl Intake Install, 2016+

XanRules

Are folks noticing such significant power increases with this over other intakes that it's worth the hassle with disassembling the cowl, installing check valves, etc?

Noise doesn't bother me ;)

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I got it for a steal with an already modded cowl. It probably won’t show gains without tuning as it’s pre turbo. It will help charge temps some. And seems less prone to heat soak.

Who all is waiting for their 2jr intake to ship? Last I was told it would ship today. Fingers crossed.
I'm impatiently waiting for mine! Bought the needed setup for 16+ and extended wire set so I would have it in hand the middle of OCT, now if I just had the intake...

I'm in the same boat. I bought all the parts and ordered the intake right after buying my car. Looks like they have missed their deadline once again.

Finally got this intake installed today. And boy is it loud on the inside of the car. Don't know how loud it is from the street. But this pretty much gets ride of heat soak. And it wasn't really bad to install. If you are ok with having a jet engine sound coming from the dash than this intake is for You! Sounds clips online do not do this thing justice.

How long did it take everyone to receive their intake? I purchased mine on 12/1 and it still has not yet shipped.

How long did it take everyone to receive their intake? I purchased mine on 12/1 and it still has not yet shipped.
I did the pre-order, so about 2 months. Something to keep in mind is you ordered on a Friday and today is only Monday, which means you've only been waiting somewhere between 1-2 business days. I'd say if you didn't hear anything by the end of the week, either shoot them an email or give them a call

Mine was a pre order as well. So it took about 1 1/2 months to get mine. Like the previous person said give it a couple of days. Plus they are closed on Saturdays. Side note, I hope you are prepared for the sound storm you are about to unleash!

Mine was a pre order as well. So it took about 1 1/2 months to get mine. Like the previous person said give it a couple of days. Plus they are closed on Saturdays. Side note, I hope you are prepared for the sound storm you are about to unleash!
I currently have the cp-e installed so I'm used to some sound. Should be sounding pretty insane.

Edit: Does anyone have a template for the cut to make in the cowl? I'd like to make a circular cut and use some sort of rubber seal for insulation.

Last edited:
4. Joe sends a small rubber section that (I presume, as I did not try) connects to the crankcase to act as an attachment point for the thick hose that he also provides. Not sure if this is the case on the '15 and older, but my '16 has a sensor of some sort (not sure what it does, but wanted to retain it) at that point that I did not want to delete; I simply removed the sensor from the factory hose assembly, as pictured, and attached Joe's new hose to it (fits perfectly). I used my own clamp at that point as well for added security.
View attachment 15281
Does the tube leaving this sensor to the right feed into the larger diameter fitting on 2J intake tube? Also, did you replace the short factory piece on the left of the sensor with the supplied short length of hose or are both hoses on this sensor being replaced or neither? Sorry for the barrage of questions just trying to figure out as many details as possible before ordering. I think reading the Cobb intake 16+ install guide has made it clear but just want to double check with someone who has installed this intake successfully. Aside from that I just need CEL fix piece from Whoosh with the 42" hose and the MAF sensor extension harness and of course an intake.

I installed the 2j intake over the weekend and have whoosh's code fix line but I am still popping 2 code p0507 and p2282. Any idea why I am getting them?

I had the same issue. I added the Cobb vacuum line kit to it and it works like a champ now. I'll see if I took any pictures of it. I also had to mod the Cobb lines to get it to work.

Bumping an old thread for a different issue on my 17. Have the 2JR intake and went to the store (I'm in FL) and came out to pouring rain. Didn't think much but started the car and drove probably 500ft, then the thing died. Started back up and it was misfiring like crazy
Pulled into my driveway and allowed to sit. Started the car later and noticed water venting out of my BOV on the charge pipe. Pulled lower charge pipe and water came pouring out. I have the filter sock on, just not sure how so much water got into the intake and into the intercooler piping. Has this been an issue for anyone else? I love this intake but will have to remove it if I can't drive in the rain.

Bumping an old thread for a different issue on my 17. Have the 2JR intake and went to the store (I'm in FL) and came out to pouring rain. Didn't think much but started the car and drove probably 500ft, then the thing died. Started back up and it was misfiring like crazy
Pulled into my driveway and allowed to sit. Started the car later and noticed water venting out of my BOV on the charge pipe. Pulled lower charge pipe and water came pouring out. I have the filter sock on, just not sure how so much water got into the intake and into the intercooler piping. Has this been an issue for anyone else? I love this intake but will have to remove it if I can't drive in the rain.
Not so far but I have only been in the rain 2 times. I am thinking of making a cover to help keep the rain and snow off it. I will be looking at the cover this week while I am at work, I am a custom fabricator so my crew and I should be able to come up with something. I will keep you updated and take a picture of what I do.

Well still have to got any water in my intake and I even took it thought the car wash. The only thing I am getting is p2282 and p0507, it seems to happen more when it's hot.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Well still have to got any water in my intake and I even took it thought the car wash. The only thing I am getting is p2282 and p0507, it seems to happen more when it's hot.
Interested to see how you resolve the issue. I was thinking about picking up a 2J intake myself.