Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch and/or Transmission Squeal

Hi Everyone,

I have a squeal or squeak that emanates from my Fiesta when cold. It lasts about 10 minutes and then stops. Only when engaging first gear from a dead stop.

I took a video of it, it does capture the sound from inside the cabin, but is fairly hard to hear. If people took a look and had any ideas or have the same issue, that'd be good info to hear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw8GeAPkQag

thanks,

My clutch pedal is sometimes squeaky when I engage/disengage it. I think it's heat/humidity related and being in Florida there's plenty of both.

OP
KentRatke
Thread Starter #4
I appreciate the responses, I know the video sound is bad and the sound is faint to begin with.

Cheers everyone!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My clutch pedal is sometimes squeaky when I engage/disengage it. I think it's heat/humidity related and being in Florida there's plenty of both.
I believe that Kent is referring to an actual clutch disc contacting the flywheel engagement type of sound, and NOT the hot weather, clutch arm pivot point/return spring, or master cylinder creak/squeak so many of us are cursed with (myself included).

OP
KentRatke
Thread Starter #6
I believe that Kent is referring to an actual clutch disc contacting the flywheel engagement type of sound, and NOT the hot weather, clutch arm pivot point/return spring, or master cylinder creak/squeak so many of us are cursed with (myself included).
Yes, it is 100% emanating from outside/under the car