Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

High pitch whine upon startup

So I admit I am relatively new at owning this car, I have only owned it for about 5 days now. Tonight it started to make an odd sound I hadn't heard before. After work, I started it up and I admit I accelerated a little fast before fully warming up, but maybe like 0-20 at 2/3 throttle. I should have let it warm up more. But I noticed a high pitch whine. I turned off the a/c and still heard it. It didn't matter if I accelerated or idled. It continued until I stopped for gas about a mile down the street. I was thinking it sounded like a fan maybe but the past week it has been 100 degrees without this noise and tonight it was only 84 degrees and it had been sitting for 8 hours. Is this a normal sound? I tried searching online but wasn't sure if I found anything that exactly matched this. It sounded like when I owned my Prius and the cooling fan would sometimes spin up really fast by the back seat and make a loud whine whenever it was really hot to vent the batteries but only louder.