Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

225/45r17 on standard 17x7" alloys?

I got offered 225/45 r17 Toyo R888 tyres for next to nothing money wise but not really sure if they will fit on my standard fiesta ST alloys very well?

I would only use these wheels/tyres for 1/4mile to not too fussed about every day use

Think I'd get away with 225/45 on the Fiesta ST if only using them now and then?

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
You would still have to do some work on the fender liners - they'll rub for sure.

I've got 225/45R17 tires on an 8" wide wheel and they fit surprisingly well - that being said, if you're using them for auto-X then you'll be loading up in corners and probably end up having to roll the fenders or chop a lot of the fender liner.

They CAN work, you will have to do some work to make them fit properly though.

OP
I
Thread Starter #3
You would still have to do some work on the fender liners - they'll rub for sure.

I've got 225/45R17 tires on an 8" wide wheel and they fit surprisingly well - that being said, if you're using them for auto-X then you'll be loading up in corners and probably end up having to roll the fenders or chop a lot of the fender liner.

They CAN work, you will have to do some work to make them fit properly though.
It's purely for quarter mile so think possibly raising my coilovers fully up might get away with it?