Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

About to pull the trigger. Wondering what everyone has been paying.

OP
S
Thread Starter #301
What yall think, White with black wheels and smoke storm recaros or magnetic with black wheels and molten orange recaros? I'm on the fence but leaning toward the latter.

Rivy

What yall think, White with black wheels and smoke storm recaros or magnetic with black wheels and molten orange recaros? I'm on the fence but leaning toward the latter.
White is my favorite color overall, but of the combos you're talking about I think the magnetic would look best. Black wheels look better on magnetic and the orange interior is a nice pop of color.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I should have you are right it was a Impulse buy, but I fixed it. I just don't like seeing people getting screwed over. Credit Unions give out fantastic rates even if your credit is not that great. My coworker has a loan with 22% interest he got screwed, Credit Union offered to financing for less than 5%.
Ya, couldn't get my own credit union to approve me at all but got 9.99% a year after bankruptcy, so I can't complain, and I'll be able to re-finance with my CU in about 3 months... if your coworker was paying 22%, but qualified through a CU he obviously didn't check around enough... 7.14% isn't THAT horrible at all for someone with average credit, but he already did the smart thing and got in refinanced through his CU... just saying you don't always know others situation bro, that 7.14% with a year to make his first payment may have been spectacular for his credit rating! :)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just got off the phone with my local dealer. Looks like the $3k rebate on the 17's stayed the same but the rebate on the 18's went up to $2.5k. Looks like I'll be heading down to order an 18 :)
Still, can add the rear camera for far less than the $1000 more the '18 will be... it is literally the only difference at all... $60 for adapter, $40 camera, $150 labor, maybe...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Oh damn, both combo's sound sweet... and coming from magnetic with black wheels, go for the white, there are already too many magnetic out there! LOL

Who was that??

White is my favorite color overall, but of the combos you're talking about I think the magnetic would look best. Black wheels look better on magnetic and the orange interior is a nice pop of color.
Just saw a white Fiesta ST exiting off Miramar Rd northbound on the 15 at around 4:15pm today - made me pull the trigger!! Sitting in the dealer right now! You had a steely on your right front it looked like. I was about 10 cars back in a 2018 Ford Explorer Sport...wondering if it was you, Rivy?!

Last edited:
OP
S
Thread Starter #307
Ya, I'm so torn! The white does look good! I think the magnetic will hide stone chip damage better being that the front bumper is black under the paint...

Ya, I'm so torn! The white does look good! I think the magnetic will hide stone chip damage better being that the front bumper is black under the paint...
I got the Magnetic because I love the color. If you like the white you could always get the clear bras put on

Then buy your own wheels as they come in a package with the calipers... AND it's worth it as you can get now instead of waiting for an '18 special order that you are paying $1500 more for literally just rear camera ($1000 less rebate plus about $500 higher cost)... so quit being so picky with these deals, the black wheels look pretty good or use that saving towards some other wheels and have a spare set in that semi-rare size ;)

But since you are overseas anyway, just get an '18 at a good deal when you get back, they will trying to clear them out then.
I ultimately did add the Black wheels with the red calipers but I am paying cash for the vehicle so I am super picky with add ons. I already placed a depost and have a $2k and a $500 rebate locked in. If it goes up before I take delivery in November then my rebates get updated. If I find it cheaper it gets priced matched but I know either way I have exactly what I want when I get home.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I ultimately did add the Black wheels with the red calipers but I am paying cash for the vehicle so I am super picky with add ons. I already placed a depost and have a $2k and a $500 rebate locked in. If it goes up before I take delivery in November then my rebates get updated. If I find it cheaper it gets priced matched but I know either way I have exactly what I want when I get home.
I can respect that you are paying cash, but we can always use an extra set and wheels are simple to swap out, especially if you can afford to pay cash ;). Anyway, the '18 rebate is up to $2500 now, not sure how it was only $500? But congrats on locking in a final year ST, you did good! :)

I can respect that you are paying cash, but we can always use an extra set and wheels are simple to swap out, especially if you can afford to pay cash ;). Anyway, the '18 rebate is up to $2500 now, not sure how it was only $500? But congrats on locking in a final year ST, you did good! :)
On the ford website its only reflecting $1000 for this month. I ordered before the end of march so I got $2k customer cash and $500 in a military/veteran rebate for a total of $2.5k.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
On the ford website its only reflecting $1000 for this month. I ordered before the end of march so I got $2k customer cash and $500 in a military/veteran rebate for a total of $2.5k.
OK, I saw earlier that they upped it from $2000 to $2500 for the latest incentives... might be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit $3000 by the time you take delivery... And what is with Ford not offering ALL vets the $500? Kia, Hyundai and others do, but since I'm not a "recent" separating vet I don't deserve the $500? What a joke...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just confirmed on the Ford site ST is $2500, non-ST is only $1000...

OK, I saw earlier that they upped it from $2000 to $2500 for the latest incentives... might be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit $3000 by the time you take delivery... And what is with Ford not offering ALL vets the $500? Kia, Hyundai and others do, but since I'm not a "recent" separating vet I don't deserve the $500? What a joke...
I was over the 24 month deadline by 6 months but ford still verified me thru ID.me and gave it to me but i agree $500 isnt much and they should extend it to all vets just the same as they do for college students. Only reason I get to use the AAFES overseas car buying program now is because I had my exchange privileges restored while deployed to Afghanistan as an Army civilian.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thanks going to have to look that up and send it to my sales rep for adjustment.
Yep, gotta scroll all the way to the bottom for the ST incentive, but glad to help! I still think it will be even more in 6 month, at $3k if not more if they really get aggressive in clearing them out.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I was over the 24 month deadline by 6 months but ford still verified me thru ID.me and gave it to me but i agree $500 isnt much and they should extend it to all vets just the same as they do for college students. Only reason I get to use the AAFES overseas car buying program now is because I had my exchange privileges restored while deployed to Afghanistan as an Army civilian.
Right on, I'm glad you're getting it... they should at least give us "protected" war zone/service ribbon vets the deal, oh well...

Yep, gotta scroll all the way to the bottom for the ST incentive, but glad to help! I still think it will be even more in 6 month, at $3k if not more if they really get aggressive in clearing them out.
Found it and shot it over to the sales guy. I figure it will be cheaper especially by November. I did notice the dealers in my area are not keeping very many fiestas in dealer stock.

Rivy

Thanks for your service Gents! It's messed up if you don't get your discount based on when you got out.

I did notice that some of their rebates for things like that vary in amount, last year 1st responder was up to $1000 for a while.

Rivy

Just saw a white Fiesta ST exiting off Miramar Rd northbound on the 15 at around 4:15pm today - made me pull the trigger!! Sitting in the dealer right now! You had a steely on your right front it looked like. I was about 10 cars back in a 2018 Ford Explorer Sport...wondering if it was you, Rivy?!
Haha, that's awesome! White is the best, especially the newer white platinum [grinking]

However, that wasn't me. No steelies on mine and I was at work at 4:15 yesterday. I do drive that area with some regularity though! We gotta figure out how to organize an SD ST meet up.