Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

About to pull the trigger. Wondering what everyone has been paying.

I've been shopping dealers around (mostly in the midwest) for a couple of weeks, looking to order an '18.

Options:
Recaro Seats
Moonroof
Black Wheels
MSRP: $25,325 before incentives

Obviously the incentives are about to change, so if I order now, there is no guarantee that they would stay the same by the time I take delivery. With the current $3k off and my wife's recent graduate discount of $750, I've been trying to get as close to $21k OTD as I can. I realize with the options we have, that's a pretty low price, since no one has that particular car available and the dealers don't want to lose money on the car. I've told every dealer I've talked to that I am willing to deal, but the closer they can get to 21, the better. Most of them suggest that they would have to be selling me the car at roughly 19.5 to be close to 21 OTD.

So far, the best I've been able to get any of them down to was around $22.5k. Fortunately, there will be a 2019 model year, so I don't have to deal with the, "This is your last chance, better order it now!" My wife also works for an airline, so I'm not really limited to shopping locally, it's just more convenient.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I've been shopping dealers around (mostly in the midwest) for a couple of weeks, looking to order an '18.

Options:
Recaro Seats
Moonroof
Black Wheels

Obviously the incentives are about to change, so if I order now, there is no guarantee that they would stay the same by the time I take delivery. With the current $3k off and my wife's recent graduate discount of $750, I've been trying to get as close to $21k OTD as I can. I realize with the options we have, that's a pretty low price, since no one has that particular car available and the dealers don't want to lose money on the car. I've told every dealer I've talked to that I am willing to deal, but the closer they can get to 21, the better. Most of them suggest that they would have to be selling me the car at roughly 19.5 to be close to 21 OTD.

So far, the best I've been able to get any of them down to was around $22.5k. Fortunately, there will be a 2019 model year, so I don't have to deal with the, "This is your last chance, better order it now!" My wife also works for an airline, so I'm not really limited to shopping locally, it's just more convenient.
The incentives usually go up as the year goes on. Expect the minimum of the current rebate carrying over. Talk to the dealer about the possibility of carrying over the rebate once you have placed the order as well.
When I ordered mine the dealer said he honor the rebate that was availible at order time.

One good thing I found with ordering is sometimes cool short term deals pop up, like Ford doing a private cash offer.

I was able to get in on a 2k private cash offer that brought my ordered done to $19,600 before tax and lic. Thats the ballpark you are shooting for. My option list is Tri color paint $595,Smoke Storm Recaros $1995, Ebony wheels$375.

Options:
Recaro Seats
Moonroof
Black Wheels

Small update: The incentives didn't change at all, so no new leverage there. Two different dealers called to tell me we passed the deadline to order an '18 to spec, so I guess I will be waiting for a while longer.

Asked Koons in Sterling, VA for an idea on cost to order a '19 with those same features. He came back with something like $28,xxx out-the-door. Obviously they aren't even available yet, but I don't know what he's smoking to think $28k is even remotely reasonable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Small update: The incentives didn't change at all, so no new leverage there. Two different dealers called to tell me we passed the deadline to order an '18 to spec, so I guess I will be waiting for a while longer.

Asked Koons in Sterling, VA for an idea on cost to order a '19 with those same features. He came back with something like $28,xxx out-the-door. Obviously they aren't even available yet, but I don't know what he's smoking to think $28k is even remotely reasonable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Ya that sounds wacky. I would check with other dealer as there is one guy in New Mexico that was getting told by a lot of dealers that you could not order a 18 any mor in June. He found a dealer in Colarado who was willing to take an order for him.

Missed out on my ideal color combo 2016 molten orange with gray recaros and black wheels. Was already sold when I called. Found another listing for a 2015 molten orange interior and exterior w 31k miles near me. KBB says fair purchase price would be $16,058 and it’s listed at $15,900. I think I’ll have to see how receptive they are to any price drop considering it’s been in their possession for at least 2.5 weeks.

OP
S
Thread Starter #368
Howdy all. I'm the guy who kicked off this thread a while back. If ya look back I pulled out of my original deal, found another one a while later that I also back off on. Well here I am about a year and a half later lol! I admittedly quit shopping for a while and shopped other cars as well...

I've finally found my unicorn deal! New, Recaros only msrp $24,135. Drum roll please!....$15,809 OTD!
Break down:
Negotiated price $17,000
Private offer. - 1,500
Doc Fee. + 299
Title Fee. + 10
Toatal: $15,809

Will pay taxes when I register when I get it home (Coulple hundred bux)

So $15,500++ It's been a long journey but I'm stoked. Got the deal all locked in tonight. Good thing too my private offer expires tomorrow. I fly in to pick up and drive home in a couple days.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Howdy all. I'm the guy who kicked off this thread a while back. If ya look back I pulled out of my original deal, found another one a while later that I also back off on. Well here I am about a year and a half later lol! I admittedly quit shopping for a while and shopped other cars as well...

I've finally found my unicorn deal! New, Recaros only msrp $24,135. Drum roll please!....$15,809 OTD!
Break down:
Negotiated price $17,000
Private offer. - 1,500
Doc Fee. + 299
Title Fee. + 10

So $15,500++ It's been a long journey but I'm stoked. Got the deal all locked in tonight. Good thing too my private offer expires tomorrow. I fly in to pick up and drive home in a couple days.
Sounds great whats the interest rate on the loan and what year is it?

OP
S
Thread Starter #370
Sounds great whats the interest rate on the loan and what year is it?

It's a 17 which is fine with me. 5.25% Which is high for my credit rating but had to use their financing which is fine as I will re-fi with my credit union as soon as the loan paperwork comes in.

CSM

1000 Post Club

Break down:
Negotiated price $17,000
Private offer. - 1,500
Doc Fee. + 299
Title Fee. + 10

Thats a friggin great offer for a new FiST w/ Recaros

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It's a 17 which is fine with me. 5.25% Which is high for my credit rating but had to use their financing which is fine as I will re-fi with my credit union as soon as the loan paperwork comes in.
Well look at their finance paperwork carefully. A lot of time dealers will offer low prices with high finace rates and the fine print will not allow yoiu to refinance.
Its common when dealers offer large discounts and run you through their financing at higher rates. Its how they offse the lower price because they make a ton more on the finance at higher rate.

OP
S
Thread Starter #373
Well look at their finance paperwork carefully. A lot of time dealers will offer low prices with high finace rates and the fine print will not allow yoiu to refinance.
Its common when dealers offer large discounts and run you through their financing at higher rates. Its how they offse the lower price because they make a ton more on the finance at higher rate.
Appreciate it Dpro. Already looked it over. It's through Bank of America, simple interest no prepayment penalties :)

Yes, get it. I have over 40 years experience driving and working on so many different cars and trucks. I have my top 10 list of my favorites- and the FIST is on the list. And it is not easy to make my favorites list. The FIST to me is an unbelievable car for the money. Almost every car I have owned has had some sort of quick, defect or something I just don't like about it- even very miniscule. And some are 2-3 times the cost of the FIST. (Example- I'll take my FIST any day any time over my 2012 BMW 128i). The FIST has no issues- no funny engine or drive train noises, no notchy shifting, it tracks laser straight, does not wander, is easy to work on. But when I look at it and the design of it inside and outside and underneath it is very well designed. Minor details too for me I am a tall guy with very long legs- the steering wheel has a lot of telescoping travel and I have it maxed to the farthest it will go out- and it fits me perfectly. Many small and even larger cars I just do not fit period. The car is an absolute blast to drive and is very comfortable- even though I have the base seats I love them. I feel that the car will last a long time.

A great car- get one before they are gone.