Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

About to pull the trigger. Wondering what everyone has been paying.

My OTD price (title, tax, tag, yada yada) was $19063. Magnetic with navigation. I bought it in coastal SC. The price was over 2K cheaper than anything I could find in Atlanta.

I just signed on a White Platinum base ST yesterday for $16,700 + tax title, etc. at Koons Ford in Baltimore. Taking delivery on Wednesday :)

I just signed on a White Platinum base ST yesterday for $16,700 + tax title, etc. at Koons Ford in Baltimore. Taking delivery on Wednesday :)
I was literally talking to them yesterday about that car, playing phone tag all day, and see you bought it. Wow that's ballsy of them..

Apparently. The salt is real right now lol. Literally told them I was ready to put a deposit down on the car and come get it this Saturday. One of the salesman there, Josh, would not return my call after talking to he and Mark via email all morning. I guess he was too busy selling the car I was trying to buy.. Surprise!

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Apparently. The salt is real right now lol. Literally told them I was ready to put a deposit down on the car and come get it this Saturday. One of the salesman there, Josh, would not return my call after talking to he and Mark via email all morning. I guess he was too busy selling the car I was trying to buy.. Surprise!
So you told them you wanted to put a deposit down, and they said they were going to call you back later to do that, but instead just ignored you?

So you told them you wanted to put a deposit down, and they said they were going to call you back later to do that, but instead just ignored you?
Wow, never imagined this would stir anything up! I'd feel the same way the other way around, but they certainly were pushy and said they don't do deposits which after negotiating the price made me just go for it and schedule to take delivery this Tuesday.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Wow, never imagined this would stir anything up! I'd feel the same way the other way around, but they certainly were pushy and said they don't do deposits which after negotiating the price made me just go for it and schedule to take delivery this Tuesday.
What? I was just making sure I heard him right. It was an honest question. If the answer to my question(s) is: yes, I would be mad too.

What? I was just making sure I heard him right. It was an honest question. If the answer to my question(s) is: yes, I would be mad too.
Whoops, got you and the other guy mixed up. Either way, not sure what really happened but Koons has been fine to deal with overall save for a pushy finance guy.

DEss

That $16.7k smells suspiciously like the typical Koon mythical wow number where they factor the Ford manufacturer's cash back, military and college discounts, destination charge, and doc fee.

That $16.7k smells suspiciously like the typical Koon mythical wow number where they factor the Ford manufacturer's cash back, military and college discounts, destination charge, and doc fee.
If you're patient, lucky, or both you can get around some of that. I had X plan which cut their stupid processing fee from $300 to $100 and was ready to walk out the door if they didn't include destination in the $16.7. Brandon the sales person was good to deal with but it wash the finance manager that almost had me walk out the door.

Their WOW price included the national ford rebate ($3000) but nothing was conditional. So without negotiating it'd be the WOW price + destination, $300 processing fee, tax, title, tags. It would've added around $1500 to the WOW price but even then it was significantly better than any of my local dealers would do.

I had no intention of taking delivery that day and had a hard time cutoff due to other obligations. It ended with me being kept to the last moment before I absolutely had to leave and was fine leaving without a deal, there are other dealers out there. They must not have thought I was serious because as I got up to leave they agreed to my terms and 10 minutes later I was out of there with a deposit down, buyers order, and appointment to take delivery tomorrow evening.

I could easily see Koons taking advantage of people as the numbers changed slightly between agreeing with the sales manager and working with the finance manager. A few phone calls later everything was corrected but it came across as very sleazy.

Yes. They gave me a full price breakdown via email. I noticed the tax rate was not right in the quote, asked for a correction and provided my phone number in that same email saying I was ready to put a deposit on the car. Basically I was then pawned off to another salesman whose call I missed, he left a voicemail, I called back, no answer. I left a VM, received an email from the first guy I was talking to asking if so and so "got in touch in me", I said no, so he said he'd make sure this guy gets back to me. By the end of day, no one got in touch with me, clearly because they were busy making another sale. I was then told they don't take deposits anyway.

Just a really stupid experience. I'm quickly learning how slimy dealerships are. It's literally astonishing how BAD of customer service soooo many dealerships have.

With that being said... Off to continue my search! I want Orange Spice primarily anyway, so bye Platinum White at garbage Koons.

Yes. They gave me a full price breakdown via email. I noticed the tax rate was not right in the quote, asked for a correction and provided my phone number in that same email saying I was ready to put a deposit on the car. Basically I was then pawned off to another salesman whose call I missed, he left a voicemail, I called back, no answer. I left a VM, received an email from the first guy I was talking to asking if so and so "got in touch in me", I said no, so he said he'd make sure this guy gets back to me. By the end of day, no one got in touch with me, clearly because they were busy making another sale. I was then told they don't take deposits anyway.

Just a really stupid experience. I'm quickly learning how slimy dealerships are. It's literally astonishing how BAD of customer service soooo many dealerships have.

With that being said... Off to continue my search! I want Orange Spice primarily anyway, so bye Platinum White at garbage Koons.
Unfortunately that has been my experience with all the larger/high volume stores, they just don't care because they know they'll move the car soon regardless.

On the flip side, my small local stores were nice to deal with with wouldn't budge much on price. Try giving LB Smith Ford a call in Camp Hill, PA and ask for Steve. They have an Orange Spice FiST with black wheels and a sunroof.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
On the flip side, my small local stores were nice to deal with with wouldn't budge much on price. Try giving LB Smith Ford a call in Camp Hill, PA and ask for Steve. They have an Orange Spice FiST with black wheels and a sunroof.
^^^I should have even gone there instead of obstinate, ripoff, Fred Beans (Doylestown store), which actually DID let me walk out the door, even with the car all prepped and sitting there for delivery.
NO MATTER how many stores (Koons or otherwise) I showed them to be at least $2500.00 UNDER their price (IF not A LOT MORE), they REFUSED TO BUDGE from $21,500.00 out the door (for a stripped/BASE FiST) including all of the applicable incentives/rebates/etc.! [mad]

The ONLY good thing was I did get the 0% financing for 6 years.

Unfortunately that has been my experience with all the larger/high volume stores, they just don't care because they know they'll move the car soon regardless.

Thank you for the recommendation, but I'm mostly looking for a non-sunroof model at the moment. I think I found what I want, just waiting on the dealer to call me back as well.

Business6

Hah. Prices here are so much higher. There's a base '16 with 13k miles going for $19k. Saw a fully optioned '14 with 30k miles that was at 20k when I was about to get mine a couple months ago.

Mine was originally pre-ordered from a guy in Arizona. With 30k on the clock it was still $17k at the dealer but looking underneath it certainly hasn't seen a real winter yet so that's worth something around here.

Thank you for the recommendation, but I'm mostly looking for a non-sunroof model at the moment. I think I found what I want, just waiting on the dealer to call me back as well.
Hope you found what you were looking for.

I was back at Koons last night for my 6:30 appointment and while the car is great, the experience was poor. The dealer was unprepared, everyone seemed distracted, and the finance manager was extremely pushy again. He couldn't seem to wrap his head around not wanting extended coverage or gap insurance of any kind.

Ironically they brought up the fact that someone else was trying to buy the same car when I was there on Saturday.

Once the paperwork was done I sat around for 45 minutes waiting for the car to be done in prep and to put the icing on the cake they asked if I'd go to the gas station with them to gas up the car and give the salesperson a ride back because.

So in summary, the deal was good but the experience was lacking. If you know exactly what you want you can get a deal at Koons but otherwise I wouldn't recommend them to any one.