Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

About to pull the trigger. Wondering what everyone has been paying.

Ended up getting out at 19.9K unfortunately. Black wasn't my first choice but was a close second to Pearl White and I was running out of time to shop due to almost being out of time with my rental car after losing my Challenger to Harvey.

Ended up getting out at 19.9K unfortunately. Black wasn't my first choice but was a close second to Pearl White and I was running out of time to shop due to almost being out of time with my rental car after losing my Challenger to Harvey.
Well that sounds about right actually. Congrats on the ride. I'm sure you'll be happy. It's going to feel like you're driving a motorcycle compared to the huge Challenger lol.

Well that sounds about right actually. Congrats on the ride. I'm sure you'll be happy. It's going to feel like you're driving a motorcycle compared to the huge Challenger lol.
Never have to second guess if I have enough room to parallel park again!

Never have to second guess if I have enough room to parallel park again!
Pretty much! I've test driven a few Challengers. The last one a Scat Pack. Scat Pack was fun. But it's the only car that made my then Mercury Milan feel absolutely tiny when I got back into it. And that was a roomy mid-size sedan! That's when I knew the car was too big. I'm probably passing on the FiestaST. It simply makes no sense for me. I work from home and can get to tons of places by just walking. I lend my parents my '14 Jetta 1.8 when they rent for 4.5 months out of the year, 7 hrs north of me (for my Dad's breathing). I have a cheap 2nd car for those 4.5 months, a 2005 Focus SE hatch 2DR (it only has 36K orig miles, bought it used from an old guy). My old parents would much prefer the newer, plusher Jetta to my Focus understandably so I'm keeping it for them. I don't need to spend $$ on something else when it's a second car and I don't drive much as it is. Plus the Focus I got dirt cheap and is in great shape.

Pretty much! I've test driven a few Challengers. The last one a Scat Pack. Scat Pack was fun. But it's the only car that made my then Mercury Milan feel absolutely tiny when I got back into it. And that was a roomy mid-size sedan! That's when I knew the car was too big. I'm probably passing on the FiestaST. It simply makes no sense for me. I work from home and can get to tons of places by just walking. I lend my parents my '14 Jetta 1.8 when they rent for 4.5 months out of the year, 7 hrs north of me (for my Dad's breathing). I have a cheap 2nd car for those 4.5 months, a 2005 Focus SE hatch 2DR (it only has 36K orig miles, bought it used from an old guy). My old parents would much prefer the newer, plusher Jetta to my Focus understandably so I'm keeping it for them. I don't need to spend $$ on something else when it's a second car and I don't drive much as it is. Plus the Focus I got dirt cheap and is in great shape.
I used to own a 15 Scat Pack. Although heavy, it was a very balanced car and felt like it had a 50/50 weight distribution honestly. It was a hoot to drive especially in a tunnel with the windows down.

Your 06 Focus with only 36k miles should have plenty of life left in it! If I could walk more places I would totally do it. I still have a feeling you would miss the driving experience though and there is where the FiST shines. I have nearly 500 miles on mine in just over a week of ownership and would highly recommend scooping one up before they are all gone.

19K OTD including tax and everything would a very good deal IMO. Since tax in SoCal is like 8.25% and then they charge for tags, so it comes out to roughly 10% after the price you bargained. Do you want black? Personally I would never get a black car being it's too high maint to keep clean and is heat magnet. But if you you like that color, then yes $19K OTD would be great if you could get it for that.
Well before I bought my black 2016 a year ago, black was my last choice.
But the only local dealer that stocked ST's had 7 in stock, 6 black and 1 orange.
I live in Vegas, so the heat magnet effect of black was a big concern.
But lets face it, this is a bad boy car, and bad boys drive black cars, and it looks great.
It turns out that the A/C is super powerful, And even if I have in parked in full sun in 115 degree heat,
the A/C cools the inside down very fast.

If you walk away from anything under 20K OTD you will be sorry. This is the last year for this car.
Small cars and manuals are on the way out.
Even local VW dealers only stock automatic GTIs, and they are 30K. (And VW is going all Electric soon)

A few years from now, maybe you can cry on each others shoulder while you wait for your $35K electric car to charge
(Tesla's base 35K car is only available in black, and they are only really making the top end version, $50K OTD)

Well before I bought my black 2016 a year ago, black was my last choice.
But the only local dealer that stocked ST's had 7 in stock, 6 black and 1 orange.
I live in Vegas, so the heat magnet effect of black was a big concern.
But lets face it, this is a bad boy car, and bad boys drive black cars, and it looks great.
It turns out that the A/C is super powerful, And even if I have in parked in full sun in 115 degree heat,
the A/C cools the inside down very fast.

If you walk away from anything under 20K OTD you will be sorry. This is the last year for this car.
Small cars and manuals are on the way out.
Even local VW dealers only stock automatic GTIs, and they are 30K. (And VW is going all Electric soon)

A few years from now, maybe you can cry on each others shoulder while you wait for your $35K electric car to charge
(Tesla's base 35K car is only available in black, and they are only really making the top end version, $50K OTD)
Agree on many points. Albeit I would never buy black no matter what. But here in San Diego, there are tons of dealers and colors to choose from, so you have a lot of choices.

GTIs are always heavily discounted. The dealer closest to me has $5k off MSRP on several. $21.5k for a manual on the lot and $22,700 for a DSG. I still prefer the FiST but those are good deals as well.

Agree on many points. Albeit I would never buy black no matter what. But here in San Diego, there are tons of dealers and colors to choose from, so you have a lot of choices.

GTIs are always heavily discounted. The dealer closest to me has $5k off MSRP on several. $21.5k for a manual on the lot and $22,700 for a DSG. I still prefer the FiST but those are good deals as well.
There are 4 Ford dealers here in Vegas, why only 1 stocks Fiesta STs I don't know. But that dealer (Friendly Ford) is excellent and does heavily discount everything.
But the point is Moot, no Fiestas soon, but plenty of Indian made 3 cyl Ecosports will be arriving soon, automatic only.

I ran into quite a few dealerships saying they didn't stock Fiestas but would "find me one" if I made a deposit, but with the limited availability of colors and my tight time frame I just went with my second color choice. The only non black or magnetic I found was one pearl white and one red, both on the lot I bought mine from BUT were on the lot during Hurricane Harvey and even with an outside adjuster clearing them I wasn't risking it. Houston is hot and humid 70% of the year and out of all the vehicle colors I've owned I haven't felt a noticeable difference because its just hot as hell regardless.

I ran into quite a few dealerships saying they didn't stock Fiestas but would "find me one" if I made a deposit
Fords website has an excellent tool for searching any dealers inventory for cars in stock and on order. No need to pay a deposit or rely on a salesman.

So i went and Test drove on the other day, haven't pulled the trigger quite yet.... and while looking through the car discovered it didn;t have a spare in the Trunk. Had the opening for one, but nothing was in it. Asked abut the spare and they told me it is an option I can pay for. I could be wrong but i am pretty sure spares generally come with the car, never heard of it as an option before. Any else experience this or am I being misled?

AzNightmare

So i went and Test drove on the other day, haven't pulled the trigger quite yet.... and while looking through the car discovered it didn;t have a spare in the Trunk. Had the opening for one, but nothing was in it. Asked abut the spare and they told me it is an option I can pay for. I could be wrong but i am pretty sure spares generally come with the car, never heard of it as an option before. Any else experience this or am I being misled?
Yes... cars come with a spare tire. Unless it's one of those fancy race cars that only come with a tire repair kit to save weight.
Our cheap Fiesta ST isn't one of those type of cars.

Oh I did that, but with all the Harvey flooding I was leary of everything already in the area. The dealerships offering to find me one were ones I had talked to about a Focus ST when I was on the fence still.