Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

About to pull the trigger. Wondering what everyone has been paying.

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
The moment I thought $2.6k for ttt was high. Looks like MD got you for $3.5k; or just about the AMT of the rebates you got.
Yea MD makes sure to get tax in the pre rebate price, because they're a bunch of commies

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
The moment I thought $2.6k for ttt was high. Looks like MD got you for $3.5k; or just about the AMT of the rebates you got.
I just pulled my papers out, was 22.8 otd with the extended warranty, so 20.8k for the car otd. The cash price before the 3,500 rebates was 24.

Don't tell anyone in California what you are paying. It would break their hearts. [bigcry] Actually, you could probably buy it, drive it across the country, sell it, fly back, and still make a profit.
Too late. Just read it. I wonder what my car, with it's options, would run from his dealer now? I got just about every bell and whistle on my '14 ST. Sat Nav, Recaro seats, tri-coat paint, go faster stripes, painted wheels, ext. 7 yr/50,000ml warranty (I drive less than 7k a yr.) . My OTD was a hair north of 30K.

Last edited:

zanethan

Too late. Just read it. I wonder what my car, with it's options, would run from his dealer now? I got just about every bell and whistle on my '14 ST. Sat Nav, Recaro seats, tri-coat paint, go faster stripes, painted wheels, ext. 7 yr/50,000ml warranty (I drive less than 7k a yr.) . My OTD was a hair north of 30K.
30k?! For a FiST?!?! Are you crazy?!?!? Assuming you didn't roll over negative equity, you wayyyyyy over paid.

30k?! For a FiST?!?! Are you crazy?!?!? Assuming you didn't roll over negative equity, you wayyyyyy over paid.
No, i didn't waaaaaaay overpay. It was stickered at $26,5. No deals. This was July of 2014. Extended warranty and taxes/fees got it to just over $30k. Every dealer around us was the virtually the same for all the options. My cousin in Chino Hills bought a '15 with no price drop as well from a different dealer. You might get some great deals in N.C. but not here. Not at that time. Did you read everything that came on the car as options? 26,5 is about right, at that time.

17 White Platinum, Recaro Package, Nav. Sticker $25,400 Pre tax 21,930. Colorado Dealers didnt want to give anything more than the factory $3000, one finally caved. Could have gone to Vegas and saved more but shipping was $800 or drive home through the Mountains with all the snow and salt and rocks, being new no thanks.

I posted before but here is a little more information on my deal. Unfortunately I can't find the actual documents for a perfect itemization. My car is 2017 magnetic with navigation. It had about 50 miles on it at delivery. It was $19036 OTD, and that INCLUDES the 6.5% sales tax we pay in GA. There were some dealer fees included in that price as well, but, as I recall, they were nominal. No trade--just a cash transaction. The dealer was OC Welch, located in Hardeeville SC. I live in Atlanta (about a 4 hour drive from Hardeeville), but I knew of this dealer from a previous vehicle purchase when I lived in coastal GA 15-20 years ago. The price was thousands cheaper than anything I could find in metro ATL.

With Friday being December 1st have any of you heard if there will be new rebates or cash offers coming?
Now that it is December 1st, I thought I would try one more time to see if anybody has heard anything. Even if the 3,000 rebate stays the same I wonder if any of those customer Cash offers may have gone up or down? I think the amount is depending on what ZIP code you're in. Am I correct about that? Or any other discounts that might fly below the radar like USAA or AAA? Thanks.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Now that it is December 1st, I thought I would try one more time to see if anybody has heard anything. Even if the 3,000 rebate stays the same I wonder if any of those customer Cash offers may have gone up or down? I think the amount is depending on what ZIP code you're in. Am I correct about that? Or any other discounts that might fly below the radar like USAA or AAA? Thanks.
My recent experience with Ford and rebates is that the dealer is in control. I shopped an online price for my ex on a Escape. The dealer gave her a Military discount from me, her ex of 25 years with zero documentation from me and a "Ford owner loyalty" rebate from her other ex as he owned an F-150 years ago. They gave me an insurance rebate on my ST from a company I don't use. I know Ford prints the requirements for rebates but from my experience they must not check too closely. Try the Mama owed a Ford and Daddy was in the Army routine at your dealer....who knows what they will do to move a car. My ex had to travel 250 miles but saved about $3500 over the 2 local Ford dealers. Plane fare was $99 and the dealer picked her up at the Airport. Work the dealer over on the Internet and get a firm price in writing before leaving your house.

anticon

I offered 19k on a white one with recaros and black rims today. So far no luck. They quoted me 21580. Based on what im seeing on here 19 seemed like a decent offer.

If I were you I would locate cars in your area over the next couple of weeks. Then go in and start making offers on them between the 26th and the 30th. Dealers will really cut a deal to get cars moved before the end of the year. Just allow enough time to close the deal and take possession before January 1st or the best deals might be gone. The risk is those cars could be sold by the time you're ready to move. As far as the deal you described I think 19k is probably lower than a dealer is likely to go. Maybe they would split the difference?

anticon

Thanks for the tips. I asked for quotes from a couple other dealers. I told one that there is one priced in my range in the area. They asked me to send a link to the one I was talking about. Should I send it to them or let them guess? This is my first time really negotiating for a car, and it's not quite like negotiating for a new roof. Any advice would be appreciated.

If I were you I would locate cars in your area over the next couple of weeks. Then go in and start making offers on them between the 26th and the 30th. Dealers will really cut a deal to get cars moved before the end of the year. Just allow enough time to close the deal and take possession before January 1st or the best deals might be gone. The risk is those cars could be sold by the time you're ready to move. As far as the deal you described I think 19k is probably lower than a dealer is likely to go. Maybe they would split the difference?

Thanks for the tips. I asked for quotes from a couple other dealers. I told one that there is one priced in my range in the area. They asked me to send a link to the one I was talking about. Should I send it to them or let them guess? This is my first time really negotiating for a car, and it's not quite like negotiating for a new roof. Any advice would be appreciated.
If it were me I don't think I would send them that link. Probably just describe exactly how the car is equipped and the price you've been able to negotiate. What is the reason you don't just purchase from the dealer who has agreed to a price you like? Are they a lot farther away? If you tell them exactly where the car is they will probably tell you they can make a deal with that dealer for you to get you that car. I never liked the idea of doing that. All dealers know what the other dealers have in stock or even what is on the way. You can see all of that too on the Ford locate a vehicle website. It will come up when you go to the build and price part of their website. Are you using that?

anticon

If it were me I don't think I would send them that link. Probably just describe exactly how the car is equipped and the price you've been able to negotiate. What is the reason you don't just purchase from the dealer who has agreed to a price you like? Are they a lot farther away? If you tell them exactly where the car is they will probably tell you they can make a deal with that dealer for you to get you that car. I never liked the idea of doing that. All dealers know what the other dealers have in stock or even what is on the way. You can see all of that too on the Ford locate a vehicle website. It will come up when you go to the build and price part of their website. Are you using that?
Yeah I am using the ford website. That's how I found the one I want in transit. The one that is in the price range I want isn't the color I'm looking for. So I was hoping that I could talk them down. But after the salesman accidentally sent me a text that called me cheap and then apologized profusely over and over, he still said he couldn't budge below invoice minus rebates. I don't get it, I always assumed dealers had things marked up quite a bit so that there was room for negotiation. The word I am getting is that there is very little extra to negotiate on these, maybe a few hundred dollars. There are a bunch sitting around the area that have been around a while. They don't seem to be selling too fast. But I have also seen new ones on order. I don't see why the dealers would be getting more, if they aren't selling the ones they have, unless Ford is giving them a price break.