Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

About to pull the trigger. Wondering what everyone has been paying.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Your deal is a great deal, pretty much what the majority of us paid, who bought left-over 17's. The guy you're quoting got a "good deal", well, I find it hard to believe. After 2 posts, he never wrote back...
If he got with it Recaros it was an excellent deal. If I was willing to travel I could have had a 2017 Orange Spice Smoke storm Recaros , nav, protectciom package amd black wheels for $21750 . Before tax and license.

I have learned a few things in my search for the deal. First off is Ford dealerships are more willing to blow out Magnetics, Blacks . I think in part because they ordered more of those colors figuring they would sell more . Whereas dealers ordered less Orange Spice amd mainly as they sold them. Except Orange Spice bases which there are a fair amount but being a special tri color paint they always go for more than the other colors even at sale prices.
If I was willing to go for one of the other colors I too could had a base out the door for just around if not 20k OTD.

Hence after all of that I decided that ordering a 2018 with eaxctly what I want for around 1k more would being a certain amount of satisfaction. Especially knowing I had the last of the last amd it has a back up cam( lol seriously the back up cam is not,that big of a deal but it sounds cool lol)

If he got with it Recaros it was an excellent deal. If I was willing to travel I could have had a 2017 Orange Spice Smoke storm Recaros , nav, protectciom package amd black wheels for $21750 . Before tax and license.

I have learned a few things in my search for the deal. First off is Ford dealerships are more willing to blow out Magnetics, Blacks . I think in part because they ordered more of those colors figuring they would sell more . Whereas dealers ordered less Orange Spice amd mainly as they sold them. Except Orange Spice bases which there are a fair amount but being a special tri color paint they always go for more than the other colors even at sale prices.
If I was willing to go for one of the other colors I too could had a base out the door for just around if not 20k OTD.

Hence after all of that I decided that ordering a 2018 with eaxctly what I want for around 1k more would being a certain amount of satisfaction. Especially knowing I had the last of the last amd it has a back up cam( lol seriously the back up cam is not,that big of a deal but it sounds cool lol)
One last thing i forgot to mention is they gave me what i wanted for my trade in (2016 tacoma trd offroad) and they gave me a 0% apr loan which is amazing considering im only 22 LOL

One last thing i forgot to mention is they gave me what i wanted for my trade in (2016 tacoma trd offroad) and they gave me a 0% apr loan which is amazing considering im only 22 LOL
If you had a trade-in, then your numbers will be off.

DEss

Dpro

6000 Post Club
If you had a trade-in, then your numbers will be off.

DEss
This is true and while he got what he wanted, was it the market value of his trade in? I.E. What he could have sold it for to a private party. This can tip the sale to the positive for the dealer and the negative for the buyer.
I am personally not a fan of trades.... Unless I know I am getting credit equal to or higher than private pary sale value. Which usually is not the case on most trade ins.

Also i just checked trade in values on his truck and its valued above the cost of a new FiST? More needs to be explained because he should have been able to walk out the door with the FiST with no financing. Lol
Thats private party and dealer sales, even if the trade came in at like 15k value it does indeed affect his numbers.

This also makes me wonder how many of these guys quoting purchase prices, had trade ins they are not mentioning.

Also i just checked trade in values on his truck and its valued above the cost of a new FiST? More needs to be explained because he should have been able to walk out the door with the FiST with no financing. Lol
Thats private party and dealer sales, even if the trade came in at like 15k value it does indeed affect his numbers.
That would be assuming that the trade-in had equity. Most likely, it was financed as well and the loan was upside-down - unless a sizable down payment was made. That would mean the dealer is paying for part of the old loan and the remaining debt is rolled into the new interest-free loan. As I wrote - the numbers will be off.

DEss

ki113rd

I just picked mine up on Thursday in Kansas City. Black with the black rims and no other options. With all of the rebates I got it down to 18 flat. Student rebate + Motor show rebate (?) + the 3k one that is going to next month and X plan pricing.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
That would be assuming that the trade-in had equity. Most likely, it was financed as well and the loan was upside-down - unless a sizable down payment was made. That would mean the dealer is paying for part of the old loan and the remaining debt is rolled into the new interest-free loan. As I wrote - the numbers will be off.

DEss
True i was not thinking about that. Lol he was most likely upside down and yes numbers would be off.

anticon

I keep looking at prices on local FiST's new and used just to see how the market is even though I already have one. It looks like St. Helens Ford in Oregon has two 2018 Magnetic FiST's with Recaros, moon roof and black wheels marked down to $20,880. I bought mine from there in December (magnetic, recaros, black wheels ~$19k) and their online price was legit, no haggling necessary. This seemed like another good price from them so I figured I would share for anyone looking. They may have a third one on the way.

OP
S
Thread Starter #271
I'm rolling the dice to see what the incentives do after April 2nd... If they go up on the 18's I'm pretty sure I'm just going to order exactly what I want.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I keep looking at prices on local FiST's new and used just to see how the market is even though I already have one. It looks like St. Helens Ford in Oregon has two 2018 Magnetic FiST's with Recaros, moon roof and black wheels marked down to $20,880. I bought mine from there in December (magnetic, recaros, black wheels ~$19k) and their online price was legit, no haggling necessary. This seemed like another good price from them so I figured I would share for anyone looking. They may have a third one on the way.
If I had a ton of money, I'd buy an '18 and put it in a nitrogen-filled chamber, then bust it out once my '17 is fried/totalled/etc.

Of course, by the time my car is no longer driveable, there probably won't be gas-powered cars, and no one will know how to drive a stick, other than old farts like me.

Hi, everyone, new to the forums!

Have been shopping for a 2018 Platinum White here in San Diego, CA, with the following:
  • Protection Package
  • Recaro Package (storm grey)
  • Moonroof
  • Ebony Black Wheel with red calipers.

Planning on a few mostly aesthetic mods - springs, short shifter bits, front splitter, rear spoiler extension, tint, maybe some debadging...possibly the mountune MP215 package for the torque down the road.

Anyway, a local dealer found me an out of state, brand new 2017 with everything I wanted except the protection package, which is the all weather ST floor Mats and ST Cargo mat, and car cover.

Ford is offering a $3,000 rebate now to get rid of the 2017 models, so they quoted me $22,540 before tax, title, etc. I answered back if they threw in the all weather mats and cargo mat that we would have a deal. I know I probably could have gotten them down further since it is a Ford rebate I got offered, and the dealer hasn’t given their own discount at all. But hey, I’m an emotional buyer, I want the car now, and don’t have a problem with it being a 2017 rather than a 2018.

Another dealer offered $25,605 before taxes, title, etc. for a 2018 with the same equipment.

I’m a sucker, right?

Rivy

This car may be gone by now, but Ken Grody Ford in San Diego has/had a new 2017 in Black offered for $14,977. Sticker was $22,390, base + black wheels and red brakes. Tried to talk a buddy of mine into buying it because that's an unreal deal, but he passed on it so I'm posting it here in case it's still on the lot. Must be getting late in the year to have pesky 2017s sticking around.

Rivy

Hi, everyone, new to the forums!

Have been shopping for a 2018 Platinum White here in San Diego, CA, with the following:
  • Protection Package
  • Recaro Package (storm grey)
  • Moonroof
  • Ebony Black Wheel with red calipers.

Planning on a few mostly aesthetic mods - springs, short shifter bits, front splitter, rear spoiler extension, tint, maybe some debadging...possibly the mountune MP215 package for the torque down the road.

Anyway, a local dealer found me an out of state, brand new 2017 with everything I wanted except the protection package, which is the all weather ST floor Mats and ST Cargo mat, and car cover.

Ford is offering a $3,000 rebate now to get rid of the 2017 models, so they quoted me $22,540 before tax, title, etc. I answered back if they threw in the all weather mats and cargo mat that we would have a deal. I know I probably could have gotten them down further since it is a Ford rebate I got offered, and the dealer hasn’t given their own discount at all. But hey, I’m an emotional buyer, I want the car now, and don’t have a problem with it being a 2017 rather than a 2018.

Another dealer offered $25,605 before taxes, title, etc. for a 2018 with the same equipment.

I’m a sucker, right?
Get what you want; sometimes it ends up costing more to get exactly the trim/specs you want too. Being in San Diego, we don't really need the protection package out here, but to each their own. You can certainly get one for less if you're willing to negotiate harder or wait, etc. I'm in SD and I was able to get $5k-ish off my sticker price last November on a 2017.

Either way, it's good to see fellow San Diegans on here! :)

I am paying $19,200 for a 2018 special order in Magnetic with no options. I also have a price match deal that I can exercise up to 14 days after taking delivery and a deal that if the incentives increase then my price will go down but current incentives are locked in so it cant go higher. I expect to have it in the $18's by the time i take delivery in November.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I am paying $19,200 for a 2018 special order in Magnetic with no options. I also have a price match deal that I can exercise up to 14 days after taking delivery and a deal that if the incentives increase then my price will go down but current incentives are locked in so it cant go higher. I expect to have it in the $18's by the time i take delivery in November.

Thats not a special order thats a base, lol. That price is about right as well as I could have ordered a base Orange Spice for $ 19,700 .
You will get your car way before November if you ordered it already. I ordered mine around 3 weeks ago and a build date is due in te next week or two with a delivery by June.

Oh and mine is Orange Spice Recaros and Black wheels.

Thats not a special order thats a base, lol. That price is about right as well as I could have ordered a base Orange Spice for $ 19,700 .
You will get your car way before November if you ordered it already. I ordered mine around 3 weeks ago and a build date is due in the next week or two with a delivery by June.

Oh and mine is Orange Spice Recaros and Black wheels.
I said special order due to being ordered from the factory vs. from a dealer lot. I specifically have it set up to deliver in November since I am overseas for the next 6 months so I really wasnt in a huge hurry. In my area it was really hard to find a base model. Any models that were on the dealer lot were optioned out to the $25k range. Plus I wanted base and Magnetic. Wanted red calipers but not the black wheels so thats my only disappointment

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I said special order due to being ordered from the factory vs. from a dealer lot. I specifically have it set up to deliver in November since I am overseas for the next 6 months so I really wasnt in a huge hurry. In my area it was really hard to find a base model. Any models that were on the dealer lot were optioned out to the $25k range. Plus I wanted base and Magnetic. Wanted red calipers but not the black wheels so thats my only disappointment
Thats actually just factory ordered, as you did not specify anything out of the ordinary that would have made it special. Now you could say special delivery because you have shifted the delivery date so far forward due to being deployed.
Regardless congrats on a wise choice in cars.

This car may be gone by now, but Ken Grody Ford in San Diego has/had a new 2017 in Black offered for $14,977. Sticker was $22,390, base + black wheels and red brakes. Tried to talk a buddy of mine into buying it because that's an unreal deal, but he passed on it so I'm posting it here in case it's still on the lot. Must be getting late in the year to have pesky 2017s sticking around.
Just checked and that car is listed at $19,300 on internet pricing, thats after thr Ford 3k rebate .
I highly doubt they are knocking off another 5k in SoCal. I have watched California prices for two years now and no one has ever sold a base ST that cheap in California.

Thats actually just factory ordered, as you did not specify anything out of the ordinary that would have made it special. Now you could say special delivery because you have shifted the delivery date so far forward due to being deployed.
Regardless congrats on a wise choice in cars.
Noted, only said Special Order because that's what the dealers paperwork said. Factory ordered makes sense. I may go back and ask if I can get red Calipers without buying the black wheels. It would Probably look better than using G2 Caliper paint