Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

From FSVT to FiST

Well, I've had a 02 SVT Focus for the past four years, with 188K on it it was time to get something new but still fun for a daily driver.
After searching found this 2016 FiST with 7100 miles on it, COBB RMM already installed with nav and premium sound (a must after being used to the factory sub in the focus).
Been driving it for a week now and couldn't be happier with the purchase.
I'm a full time mechanic, so if you ever see posts on upgrades or maintenance from me don't be surprised when the pictures are on a lift [cool]

image1.JPG

How does it compare to the SVT? I've always wanted to drive one of those but the closest I got was a tuned 02 with the regular ol 2.0 and ford racing suspension bits.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
My experience is that the SVT is good on HP, but it's on the low side torque wise; because of this, it's pretty darn good when you're driving by yourself, but when you start adding passengers- it starts lacking in the acceleration department.

LILIKE16ST

Well, I've had a 02 SVT Focus for the past four years, with 188K on it it was time to get something new but still fun for a daily driver.
After searching found this 2016 FiST with 7100 miles on it, COBB RMM already installed with nav and premium sound (a must after being used to the factory sub in the focus).
Been driving it for a week now and couldn't be happier with the purchase.
I'm a full time mechanic, so if you ever see posts on upgrades or maintenance from me don't be surprised when the pictures are on a lift [cool]

View attachment 15354
welcome my man! I too had an 03 svt for 3 years before selling it to my friend and getting my 2016 fiesta st brand new. Very similar yet very different cars.

LILIKE16ST

How does it compare to the SVT? I've always wanted to drive one of those but the closest I got was a tuned 02 with the regular ol 2.0 and ford racing suspension bits.
I too owned an 03 svt for 3 years before selling it cheap to a friend and getting my 16 fiesta st brand new in april 2016. My SVT had a k&n typhoon short ram and an offroad mid pipe. It had barely lighter than stock 17x7.5 wheels on 205/40 nitto neo gen which took around 5 lbs per corner off (mostly from the tires) and improved greatly on the gearing which is much needed in this n/a torqueless wonder. It's almost as bad as the older vtec hondas on torque lol. I think when both stock and both in good condition handling is close with maybe, MAYBE a slight edge to the FiST (but def not by much the svt is no slouch) but when I sold my svt the suspension was old and worn out with 140-150k on it and needed new suspension so the fiesta st felt like a better handler to me due to the fact the svt was in need of new suspension (dampers) but back when I got the car clean at 90k it was a pretty sharp handler. Power wise the svt isn't like way far behind stock vs stock but the FiST is clearly quicker and once you get a tune on both (even tho the tune wakes up the SVT it REALLY wakes up the FiST) it's no contest. I raced my old SVT my buddy owns and even though it's not tuned it wasn't even close and I don't think a tune would have helped him fair all that much better. I yanked him pretty hard but for the price those cars are hard to beat and very fun to drive. When they have an intake and exhaust the sound they make under WOT is quite pleasing very throaty and aggressive. They are fun like the FiST but in very different ways. Very underrated cars imo

LILIKE16ST

My experience is that the SVT is good on HP, but it's on the low side torque wise; because of this, it's pretty darn good when you're driving by yourself, but when you start adding passengers- it starts lacking in the acceleration department.
Yea weight reduction is something that helps all cars but can REALLY help an svt. If I ever have another I'm going to go serious on the weight reduction and get it down to around 2500 lbs without driver and go with some light 16x8 wheels like the slipsteams with 205/40/16 tires which are over 2 inches shorter than stock svt size tires (that would really help gearing a lot which is another thing that would help in the acceleration department since this car is a high revver and don't got much down low). I think a nice intake an offroad pipe and nice catback with a real solid custom dyno tune with lightweight wider wheels with the gearing made that much steeper at that total curb weight one of those cars could be a real weapon on some backroad twisties and very fun to drive.