Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is that little arrow by the odometer an upshift indicator?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Actually for cruising highway, I wouldn't mind having a "seventh" gear. Out of turbo, I think it still has enough torque to maintain on an uphill at highway. (550 ft elevation - 2400 ft might be a different story)

Business6

Yeah at nearly a mile up the engine struggles outside of boost and simply put it's pathetic when you go up further to something like Park City at 7000'.

Personally, I only pay attention to the indicator when the engine hasn't yet reached its normal operating temperature.

The suggested shift points are ultra-conservative, so I figured that would be the most prudent time to follow the indicator.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly how an automatic transmission is programmed to shift while driving economically.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Personally, I only pay attention to the indicator when the engine hasn't yet reached its normal operating temperature.

The suggested shift points are ultra-conservative, so I figured that would be the most prudent time to follow the indicator.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly how an automatic transmission is programmed to shift while driving economically.
Not a bad plan/modus operandi at all.[thumb]

But the only thing that worries me is that the way out of my development is all uphill, and being that high load/low RPM is the setup for copious LSPI events, especially when the engine is cold, I will leave it in first gear, but stay below 3K revs in this scenario, no matter how slowly I have to 'crawl' while doing so.