Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Passenger window switch

So, just got my car out of storage after sitting for a month. The remote initially didn't unlock the doors and at first I thought it had a dead battery. Opened the door with the manual key, then it "woke up" and everything started working fine.

However the front passenger window will roll down from the right door switch but won't roll back up. I can roll it up and down from the driver door. I found a reset procedure for the driver door auto up and down, but is there a reset for the passenger windows as well? Hoping it's not a broken switch.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
So, just got my car out of storage after sitting for a month. The remote initially didn't unlock the doors and at first I thought it had a dead battery. Opened the door with the manual key, then it "woke up" and everything started working fine.

However the front passenger window will roll down from the right door switch but won't roll back up. I can roll it up and down from the driver door. I found a reset procedure for the driver door auto up and down, but is there a reset for the passenger windows as well? Hoping it's not a broken switch.
Sounds like a bad switch if one works perfectly and the other does not. It might just need to be used a few times to remove contact oxidation. Else the switch would need to be replaced.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #3
I have a spare, maybe I'll swap it in to test it. Hoping there was some sort of reset. I'm still under warranty, hopefully the dealer would just hand me a new switch and not keep my car for days for something I can do in ten minutes.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #4
Well, bummer. The service writer at my dealership, with whom I've become well acquainted due to repeated issues with my F350 work truck, says that as much as he'd like to just hand me a new window switch, for warranty work they would have to do the repair. Not worth my time to take it down there and leave the car for however many days that would take. I'm ordering a new switch for about $21, and will take 10 minutes to swap it out.

Has anyone else had Fiesta window switch issues? Should I stockpile some of these?