Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Old guy in Tucson

I am probably the only person on this forum to buy a Fiesta ST and have it weigh significantly more than their previous car! I have been DD'ing a Lotus Elise for the last few years and while it is a amazing car the lack of a back seat has gotten too inconvenient. I only keep one car at a time, so the Lotus has to go. The FiST is about as close as I can come to an Elise with a back seat (for a reasonable amount of money). I found a really nice Kona Blue 2015 with Recaros and snapped it up. If Ford had any blue color this year I would have bought new.

I am a long time gearhead. I have had a 240Z, CR-X Si (still miss that car, twenty years later!), BMW Z-3, Mercedes E420 Sedan (W124 for the Benz'ers out there), built a Brunton Super Stalker:

Restored a 1995 E36M3:

Customized a 2004 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport (including major engine rework after blowing an oil filter :():

and am in the middle of building a Yamaha RD400 2 Stroke:

Still planning what to do with the FiST. I have only put about 100 miles on it today and am pretty impressed. Very surprised that an FWD has such a happy tail. The suspension seems pretty good, but not as much grip as I have gotten used to in the Elise. Short of going wide body I doubt there is much I can do about that. The power is OK, but I think I see a bigger turbo in my future. The engine is really hard to rev, I read somewhere that this thing has a 25 pound flywheel which would explain that. Light flywheel and an LSD wouldn't hurt. I need to do more research there. I am still getting used to the power band, the Elise engine hits the second lobe of its cam at 6200 and I shift at around 7800. The FiST feels like I am constantly short shifting. Probably just need to get used to that.

I will most certainly need a bigger FMIC, Tucson stays way too hot most of the year and I am sure this will be a big help.

Cheers,
Craig

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

I attended the University of Arizona back in the mid 1970s, and I do miss the whole area!

Did the Brunton have a Buick/Rover V-6 under the bonnet?

There are many limited slips available for these cars, but the consensus seems to be to stick with one of the Torsen worm gear types (Quaife, Wavetrac, M-Factory, etc.) instead of the KAAZ/OS Giken, etc. clutch pack/plate types.

Banzai

I am probably the only person on this forum to buy a Fiesta ST and have it weigh significantly more than their previous car! I have been DD'ing a Lotus Elise for the last few years and while it is a amazing car the lack of a back seat has gotten too inconvenient.
Hi Ender. I had an Elise until late last year. It was originally a Rover engined car, later fitted with a Honda K20A drivetrain and weighed exactly 800kg, so a fair bit lighter than the US version. These days I have an Evora for fun and the Fiesta as a daily driver.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
welcome to the forum

I'm an old guy too!
let me know if I can help you with your cooling needs

I have many options available on the site

OP
E
Thread Starter #10
Don't forget to upgrade the radiator!
That's a really good suggestion. I have flagged the Mountune radiator for now.

WELCOME and CONGRATS!

I attended the University of Arizona back in the mid 1970s, and I do miss the whole area!
It has changed immensely!

Did the Brunton have a Buick/Rover V-6 under the bonnet?
No, I used the supercharged 90 degree 3800 V6. I think the Buick/Rover engine was 60 degrees?

There are many limited slips available for these cars, but the consensus seems to be to stick with one of the Torsen worm gear types (Quaife, Wavetrac, M-Factory, etc.) instead of the KAAZ/OS Giken, etc. clutch pack/plate types.
I prefer the Torsen type. Pricey but better for road racing than the clutch types.

Hi Ender. I had an Elise until late last year. It was originally a Rover engined car, later fitted with a Honda K20A drivetrain and weighed exactly 800kg, so a fair bit lighter than the US version. These days I have an Evora for fun and the Fiesta as a daily driver.
Sounds very nice. I am going to miss the Elise.

welcome to the forum

I'm an old guy too!
let me know if I can help you with your cooling needs

I have many options available on the site
I will take a look, thanks!

Welcome from a fellow tucsonan! Bigger radiator is a must [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stock radiator will suffice ONLY if you daily drive this car in our Arizona heat even then sitting in traffic you can see temps as high as 220. Any kind of spirited driving and you feel the effects of the heat. Same goes for the stock intercooler. Op is right if you are gonna modify the car I wouldn't even say heavily more like moderately I would look into a radiator. There are multiple discussions on it here on the forums. I saw a drastic change when I put in a mishimoto radiator. It has been installed since may and haven't seen temps over 200 daily driven and only saw it break 200 on a run during the day up mount Lemmon. I should note that I'm running a "big turbo" as well.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It has been installed since may and haven't seen temps over 200 daily driven and only saw it break 200 on a run during the day up mount Lemmon.
The road up Mt. Lemmon would make a PHENOMENAL hillclimb event, or tarmac rally stage!!

I took my '76 Capri II V-6 manual up that thing MANY times when attending the U of A there in the mid 1970s. [thumb]

The road up Mt. Lemmon would make a PHENOMENAL hillclimb event, or tarmac rally stage!!

I took my '76 Capri II V-6 manual up that hing MANY times when attending the U of A there in the mid 1970s. [thumb]
It's so fun!!! Especially late at night when there is literally no one on the road! They actually do have drifting and hill climbing on the mountain Saturday nights ... obviously not sanctioned or legal ha ha [emoji849] I often cruise up to windy point and hang out.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's so fun!!! Especially late at night when there is literally no one on the road! They actually do have drifting and hill climbing on the mountain Saturday nights ... obviously not sanctioned or legal ha ha [emoji849] I often cruise up to windy point and hang out.

The town cops, nor the rangers bother them, or do they just have GREAT lookouts?? LOL

The town cops, nor the rangers bother them, or do they just have GREAT lookouts?? LOL
I don't think they are broken up. I don't go out there though ha ha I have to be to work at 3 am on Sunday which is usually when they are running I believe.