Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hybrid turbo with standard DP & exhaust?

UK Tim

Has anyone every done the above or got an idea of how restrictive the standard DP/exhaust is? I don't actually have a fiesta ST, I've got a c-max, but over here we can get it with the 1.6 ecoboost engine. It's a good family car and drives surprisingly well as it's basically a focus, and so I plan on making it into a bit of a sleeper. I'd like to see 270+ crank HP but want it to remain pretty quiet so don't really want to be shelling out for a full turbo back exhaust if I don't have to. The DP is basically the same as the fiesta apart from an extra bit of pipe after the flexi, and the exhaust looks to be the same design and diameter piping as the focus ST but with a bit longer resonator to make quieter. I'm not after every last HP at the moment and may get a full free flow custom exhaust made up in the future (there aren't any aftermarket exhausts available in the UK for it), but am just trying to find out if the hybrid turbo on standard exhaust setup will still give decent safe running numbers? Any help is appreciated!

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
If its focus st pipe size you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

haste

1000 Post Club
I am sure a hybrid turbo would work fine. The two things I would worry about is the stock DP/cat being able to handle the extra heat generated and the stock intercooler would also suffer horribly.

OP
U

UK Tim

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I've got a fist Airtec intercooler which fits with a few bracket mods, so that should take care of the charge temps. Maybe I would be best getting it mapped for more like 260 crank HP until getting a custom sports cat DP made up in the future, then wind the boost up a bit more....

I'm not sure about Stock Cat handling the power... but i'm running stock catback on 400+hp. GL!

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Daaaamn! Stock cb. Wow

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk