Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

big brake kits

Yeah pretty true.
If you just do a search of the forum there are quite a few options all the way from Brembos @ $3000ish to the SVT/SICO kit I'm working at for $800.
It all depends what you use your car for and how much you wanna spend.

codestp202

I think the SVT/SICO kit is pretty neat where you can upgrade all 4 corners for under a grand.

But if I go big brake I'll most likely get the wilwood front kit which out the door is about 900 bucks for caliper,rotor,race pads, stainless lines as it cuts like 12 lbs per wheel of unsprung weight and that is a massive difference.

Then for rears I'd probably just use the bracket and run the bigger rotor.

I think the SVT/SICO kit is pretty neat where you can upgrade all 4 corners for under a grand.

But if I go big brake I'll most likely get the wilwood front kit which out the door is about 900 bucks for caliper,rotor,race pads, stainless lines as it cuts like 12 lbs per wheel of unsprung weight and that is a massive difference.

Then for rears I'd probably just use the bracket and run the bigger rotor.
Yeah I was gonna save up for brembos in the front to go with the SVT in the rear but I'm guinea pigging the SICO setup; if it's worth the price I won't change to the Brembos. Hopefully some updates soon!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The main problem/drawback with the SVT/SICO kits is that you are spending a decent amount of coin, and STILL have a floating caliper.

Yes, you gain the advantages of more swept area, and heat sink capabilities of the larger rotor diameter, but retain the weight and knock back prone disadvantages of a floating caliper system vs. the benefits of a FIXED caliper system (yes, for more $$$$).

codestp202

The main problem/drawback with the SVT/SICO kits is that you are spending a decent amount of coin, and STILL have a floating caliper.

Yes, you gain the advantages of more swept area, and heat sink capabilities of the larger rotor diameter, but retain the weight and knock back prone disadvantages of a floating caliper system vs. the benefits of a FIXED caliper system (yes, for more $$$$).
Yeah, that's why I'm motivated to go with the wilwood kit

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I seem to remember the Willwood kit being crap. IDK if that has changed?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah it's definitely not made for DAILY and there have been more than a few complaints that it's not a great option for track for the Fiesta.
IF I am going to do it at all, it is going to be a real AP Racing kit (for front only).
It's ALL or NONE for me at this point, and I will decide once I try better pads/fluid, and proper venting/cooling measures. ;)