Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Will Fiesta being discontinued impact aftermarket?

Just curious as to your thoughts on aftermarket parts availability as well as new parts coming online for the Fist in the future. I understand the US is not getting a new Fist, but would this force us to ultimately look across the pond for new aftermarket parts and upgrades for the Fist in the future? Will stateside suppliers start dropping the Fist parts due to lower demand?

Just some things I have been pondering while just now getting into a Fist worried that parts on the aftermarket may dry up before I can get into modding haha.

Thanks for looking.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have GMC Typhoon...its a 1992....there will always be a market for every vehicle that's a specialty vehicle....this car is just getting started so buckle up and go along for the ride as it's got decades of specialty parts coming down the pipeline of dreams.....[emoji869]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

codestp202

Honestly, I'm kind of stoked that is not continued because our gen will be focused on! The UK market will continue, and we can always bring those parts over. The aftermarket will never be as big as the miata, or gt86's but it's not going to stop.

OP
spdkills83
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I have personally never owned a vehicle that has been discontinued before so when I heard the news I was kind of worried a bit about parts drying up. Honestly really love the car. Coming from a Subaru background for the last 16 years this thing is great and loads of fun, more fun than I would have ever thought actually.

Thanks again for the replies.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's not like a Daewoo or anything....thats a car that's not fun to find parts for....[emoji21]

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I actually feel opposite

I feel like our market will end in a couple years.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As far as bringing parts over from England/Europe; the new 3 cylinder Mk.8 is different enough in both unibody and drivertain that not much will 'translate' over to, or interchange with, the Mk.7s (which we own), as WOULD be the case with that model even IF we were getting it over here. ;)

That said, anything made across the Atlantic for OUR gen FiST will still be available (USDM/NA vs. Britain/Europe/R.O.W. Mk.7 differences/incompatibilities considered).
England in particular seems to maintain a strong, competitive aftermarket for long discontinued models/gens. [:)]

On our side of the pond, the aftermarket may shrink somewhat, but there will always be a few 'niche'/specialty aftermarket suppliers around like those for LONG gone from our market marques like Alfa and Fiat (until very recently), but then having a monopoly as they will, they can charge some outrageous prices for their products with no competition. [:(]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm pretty sure they made more than 7k of the Fiesta St....unlike my Typhoon....and many Fiesta St's have not been stolen....burned or crashed as of yet unlike my Typhoon....and there are still vendors who are creating parts for them to this day....so if say we are good to go for a very long time. Anyone who thinks otherwise started working on cars when they were 12.[emoji869]

Bluedrank

I think with the Fiesta ST200 and the new mk8, we'll probably have some parts that can be adapted over. I suspect we'll see more from the ST200 that are slightly different that we haven't discovered yet. For example, somebody recently mentioned something about a different clutch. In addition, Ford is likely to make some OEM part revisions as new problems are discovered and fixed. We're already seeing that with mid-16+ cars coming with different radiators.

Back in 05 I had a new SRT4, the car was discontinued that same year. It wasn't until many years later that they even got a full electronic tune capability built for the cars. Back then we had to tune with boost controllers and wastegates, which wasn't very precise. Now SRT4s can be tuned with an access port style device just like ours.

In the next 2-3 years I think we'll see more and more parts get discovered and introduced from new and current manufacturers. This will likely be the peak of our aftermarket, as cars are leaving warranty and going on the used market. Interest will keep up, and new shops will join in on the fun. Up until around 2020 will be our golden years.

In 5 years, it's pretty unlikely we'll see many new shops popping up with support for our platform. However, the parts that are available have been battle-proven and are probably well refined and reliable. Fly by night shops are gone for the most part, and we'll be left with a pretty solid aftermarket filled with reputable shops and good parts. More and more of our cars will be traded in and sold, so a whole new generation of owners will be driving our cars and looking to tune them. Inexpensive used tuner cars also attract lower income people. Unfortunately, a larger percentage of them will be criminal-types than we have now. Scamming will go way up during this period.

10 years from now we'll see a much more consolidated market in terms of who makes parts still for our car, and which stores lived long enough to still be selling them. Nobody will be developing new stuff for our cars at this point.

me32

1000 Post Club
Based off of history no. It's normally gets better unless it's like a 2 year run