Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone removed rear dust shields?

codestp202

Hey guys, in prep for my next track day I thought about removing the rear dust shields to increase cooling a bit. However, I pulled my wheel off, and it looks like you would have to remove the brakes, and also the 4 big bolts that hold the whole hub on to pull the shield.

Has anyone removed the shields in the rear? I'd rather not cut them off.

Thanks,
-Cody

Quick edit: I have extensively used the gold heat wrap tape in the engine bay, but I want to wrap the rubber ball joint boots to stop them from melting. I've seen some people using wraps, any idea on the best wrap that will resist water dirt ect?

XuperXero

Rodmoe did, not sure how much it helped.

I wrapped my ball joints too, but it keeps falling off and you can't wrap too thick or it'll contact the rotors. May just get a sheet of the stuff and metal zip-tie it. The glue won't hold from the heat.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I did. You do have to remove the calipers, rotors, and knuckles, if I remember correctly, but take a close look at just removing the knuckles with the four bolts from behind.