Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Adams Rotors

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just received slotted Adams rotors for my wife's car. I went oem blanks with the FiST so I can afford the performance option for the kid shuttle. Then was planning to do Adams on the FiST's next brake job. Buuut...

I'm making this post because I'm disappointed. I was under the impression that Adams were bespoke rotors of some premium quality. Nope. I open the box and it's a regular old Centric rotor that Adams slotted. The rears aren't even a named brand. Just a white box stamped "made in china". Wtf

I know centric is a great rotor and I will use the set, but I could have gotten other great names for less money. What is the point of paying a premium for off the shelf rotors? And then waiting 6 weeks! I guess if you're trying to go with one of their "pretty" patterns or are matching rear sets with a BBK... But otherwise, I'm going powerslot like I've always done.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

What did you order, specifically? A little more info would help. They have like a billion options.
I thought he made his own rotors. Didn't know he modifies existing?

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
I ordered what they call "G3000 iron" with the slotted option. They should just call it Centric if that's what they're gonna send out. They claim to BUILD the rotors. Maybe they used a Centric box lol. Doubt it......I've emailed them for clarity.
adam's rotors inc. is mainly known for our one-piece replacement rotors, built to OEM dimension, top quality premium pieces, PER vehicle...
we only make to factory spec for plug n' play installation as direct-swap rotors. our rotors are designed for the particular vehicle, based on year, model, engine, drive, ect. from a spec book. ANY MAKE...ANY MODEL!

me32

1000 Post Club
Sounds like it's cheaper to just use rotor from another company and re sale them

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
So here's there response:

we’re not a foundry. we source OEM and aftermarket blanks, openly.

they are all finished in the US, right here in California.

as for country of origin, we source blanks from all over the globe, from different suppliers...

Germany, Mexico, USA, China, Canada, even Brazil.

we use only premium grade discs to start with, to our discretion, and spare no expense…

the most important part of the process is the made-to-order CNC work, per corner...along with custom finishing & coating we do all in-house.

we’re a machine shop first and foremost, that is made to order. we bring in the product per order, cut them in-house per corner, offering options unlike any rotor co. in the world, hence or elaborate 17+ pattern catalog. on top of that we customize them with hubs coating and zinc options.
He says they source rotors "openly" but that's just not true. I, and many on the interwebs, were under the impression that these guys made rotors. Nope. They just cut them.

Stoptech rotors would have cost me 214 for the front pair. These cost 250. The rears, 162 vs 200 for Adams. Not a crazy premium for the number of options they have. Would I do it again? Probably not. Unless I were building a show car again

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk