Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wiring diagram for heated seats

I am adding FoST ST3 Recaro's to my base FiST. I am hoping to retain the heat function on the seats so I ordered the factory FiST buttons in hopes to use those vs. some ugly aftermarket ones. But does anyone have a wiring diagram? I have basic wiring and electrical skill but am hoping to get a guide to get started. I hunted for a part number for the harness but doesnt look like you can simply add the heated seat harness from what I can see.

From the research I had done after swapping in the ST3 seats, the FiST setup is just on/off (supply power to the seat heater and it will self regulate) the FoST seats need a specific resistance (the FoST switches have 7 selections) along with the supplied power.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Hmm I dont care about specific settings so on off is totally fine with me. I am wondering if the max power would be too much for the seat if it would not regulate whatsoever or if it has another level besides the switch.

I believe you have to give it at least some sort of resistance value on the FoST seats to activate the heater. It has an always on power line (or at least with key in) and then should be activated on the "control" line.

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
I decided late last night to scrap the factory switch idea and just order some aftermarket heaters from Amazon. Ill pull out the factory ones and replace them with the Amazon ones. In my FoST i had before it had Recaros but no heat and I used this kit and it worked really well. I think I might take the blanks where the factory buttons go and make custom plates for the amazon switches even though they are fugly.

I decided late last night to scrap the factory switch idea and just order some aftermarket heaters from Amazon. Ill pull out the factory ones and replace them with the Amazon ones. In my FoST i had before it had Recaros but no heat and I used this kit and it worked really well. I think I might take the blanks where the factory buttons go and make custom plates for the amazon switches even though they are fugly.
Be sure to post a DIY. Here is a wiring diagram that covers everything you need. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r720r7hhebcvwy/2014 Fiesta.7z?dl=0