Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Collins 2014 Ford Fiesta ST

Collin

What's up guys! I just bought a 2014 Ford Fiesta st about 2 months ago. Very fun ! I just recently installed a k&n drop in filter and a cat less downpipe. I have yet to tune it tho. It's been running great but the other day while I was cruisin it kinda just died on me while I was driving. The car was still on and running but the wrench light popped up and it wasn't revving at all. Like it went into "limp mode" or something. As I pulled over and came to a stop the motor was shaking like crazy and sounded odd. I turned it off. Gave it a minute and turned it back on. Started up kinda weak but it started and then it was perfectly fine and wrench light was gone. Drove it home all was good. Scared the crap out of me tho. It did it to me again a few days after. I feel like it's because of the downpipe and no tune and a tune would help it but I'm not sure. Pretty new to this and trying to learn everything I can about it. So if anyone knows what it might be and can help I'd greatly appreciate it

OP
C

Collin

Thread Starter #4
Alright so I just got the cobb accessport today. flashed my car tuned it and drove it. it took the CEL away but while I was driving it the same thing happened again. wrench light came on and CEL came on and my car wasn't revving. I ran the codes and p2112 came up and says Throttle actuator control (TAC) system - stuck closed. so what exactly does that mean? is there an easy way to fix it? or is my throttle body screwed and I need a new one ??

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Alright so I just got the cobb accessport today. flashed my car tuned it and drove it. it took the CEL away but while I was driving it the same thing happened again. wrench light came on and CEL came on and my car wasn't revving. I ran the codes and p2112 came up and says Throttle actuator control (TAC) system - stuck closed. so what exactly does that mean? is there an easy way to fix it? or is my throttle body screwed and I need a new one ??
Haven't seen that before - I think google is your best friend and worst case, the stealership.