Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Raised the shifter height 30mm.

Raised the shifter height 30mm. (Updated)

Here is what you'll need to raise the shifter.
You guys will figure everything out. Search for shifter removal steps.
Advise; Loosen the 2 torx screws from the shifter assembly to the base and push it forward as much as possible..
Have fun..

M6x1.00 30mm set screws.
z-s1188.jpg

M6 Standoff coupler 30mm
Hex Standoff Round Coupler Nut Metric.jpg

M6 Fender washers
ae235.jpg

IMG_2499.JPG

IMG_2498.JPG

IMG_2493.JPG

Got the hardwares from browsing Ebay. It basically a standoff spacer. Might have to find something better. But so far haven't had any interference.

I always like the shifter closest to the steering wheel as much as possible. Like my e30.

IMG_1203.JPG

Last edited:
That's really cool. How do you like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Nice work! Need more details: how much did it cost? How difficult was the install? Any negative side effects?

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Nice work! Need more details: how much did it cost? How difficult was the install? Any negative side effects?
Cost me $10. Installation is not difficult at all. Still have not had chance to slam it yet. Probably will report back after few hundred miles.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Cost me $10. Installation is not difficult at all. Still have not had chance to slam it yet. Probably will report back after few hundred miles.
$10 is great! I wasn't able to find the product on eBay. Can't wait to hear back for your review/results.

How does it shift ? I'd fear that it may lose some of the firm feeling (mine has the Boomba bushings)

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
How does it shift ? I'd fear that it may lose some of the firm feeling (mine has the Boomba bushings)

It shifts just the same except higher. I don't have Boomba bushings. The solid bushings will probably prevent me to push the assembly forward a bit. I might pick up a bushing and drill an offset hole.

I am in process of making another version by tapping an 3/4" or 1" diameter aluminum rod.