Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Am I crazy for Considering Trading in for a 2017??

me32

1000 Post Club
Sure was, after email contact I got a response saying that it was a mistake and it was going to be about $2000 more then listed price. For that, I'll stick to the $18.5k Recaro'd one I'm looking at now. She said she would have a salesman call me about it and I said nevermind on the base model.

Personally if you plan to keep the car for at least 5 years or more it's worth paying for the recaro. I personally would have never bought the car if it did not come with them. I have 73k on mine and the seats are in better condition than my 2008 gt500. The material is better on the recaro than the gt500 seats.

I want to do the same.. I have a white non recaro 2014 with 42,000 miles. bought it used. Would be nice having a new 2017 with recaros in a different color..

if i can stomach the cost, id trade my 16 kona with 3600 miles in for a orange on orange 17.

For me I just can't justify the $4k plus upward swing from my deal on the base car to get one with the recaros. All of the recaro cars I've found within 750 miles have sunroof (hate em) and nav on top of not being discounted as much...

me32

1000 Post Club
For me I just can't justify the $4k plus upward swing from my deal on the base car to get one with the recaros. All of the recaro cars I've found within 750 miles have sunroof (hate em) and nav on top of not being discounted as much...
Supply and demand in the area. If you look hard enough you can find exactly what you want at a reasonable price. Just depends how much time you want to spend looking for it.

Very true, I also wonder if incentive will continue to rise or start going away. I figure I can roll with a CG lock and if I'm still not happy install a corneau or sparco and still be way ahead of the cure $$ wise.

me32

1000 Post Club
Very true, I also wonder if incentive will continue to rise or start going away. I figure I can roll with a CG lock and if I'm still not happy install a corneau or sparco and still be way ahead of the cure $$ wise.

It really depends how fast or slow sales are. Normally when sales are slow there are more incentives. Or when there close to a goal in amount of sales. Normally holidays and end of the month are good to by because dealers are trying to make there goals.

If you notice the mustang has been selling really well and don't have much on incentives right now. Supply and demand

My other concern is waiting for the unicorn so to speak (recaro, no roof, and a huge discount) at this point in the 17 production cycle....

me32

1000 Post Club
My other concern is waiting for the unicorn so to speak (recaro, no roof, and a huge discount) at this point in the 17 production cycle....
That also is true too. There are for sure less options this late in the year.

me32

1000 Post Club
That also is true too. There are for sure less options this late in the year.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Very true, I also wonder if incentive will continue to rise or start going away. I figure I can roll with a CG lock and if I'm still not happy install a Corbeau or Sparco and still be way ahead of the curve $$ wise.
^^^THIS.

I can even put ALL alcantara Status Spa recliners into the car for about the same cost as the ripoff Recaro 'package'.

Contrary to popular mass belief (and BRAND NAME recognition), I have found that they (Recaro) are NOT quite the 'top shelf', infallible quality, 'luxury' premium product that their name alone brings to everyone's mind (everyone seems to INSTANTLY consider, and assume them to be the 'Rolex' of automotive seating LOL).

^^^THIS.

I can even put ALL alcantara Status Spa recliners into the car for about the same cost as the ripoff Recaro 'package'.

Contrary to popular mass belief (and BRAND NAME recognition), I have found that they (Recaro) are NOT quite the 'top shelf', infallible quality, 'luxury' premium product that their name alone brings to everyone's mind (everyone seems to INSTANTLY consider, and assume them to be the 'Rolex' of automotive seating LOL).
Still, would not have bought mine without them! WAY better than the base seats.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club
^^^THIS.

It's the fact that they can make them for everyday use and meet all the legal safety requirements by law. Any of the other companies could get in the game too. I've seen the other options in the aftermarket for racing type seats and they aren't very comfortable for everyday long term driving. But to each there own.

It's the fact that they can make them for everyday use and meet all the legal safety requirements by law. Any of the other companies could get in the game too. I've seen the other options in the aftermarket for racing type seats and they aren't very comfortable for everyday long term driving. But to each there own.
This is exactly why I love my Recaros. They are what I need them to be.

Personally, I wouldn't do the trade, but I own my vehicle outright. Maybe I'm weird, but cars with flaws have character. I hate the feeling of having something brand-brand-new and being scared every time you park in the grocery store parking lot. New doesn't last forever. It last approximately until someone dings your door (in which case, having a new car doesn't solve your agonizing over the blemishes, does it?)... Only way to keep it in tip-top shape is to garage and never drive it.

OP
B
Thread Starter #36
This is exactly why I love my Recaros. They are what I need them to be.

Personally, I wouldn't do the trade, but I own my vehicle outright. Maybe I'm weird, but cars with flaws have character. I hate the feeling of having something brand-brand-new and being scared every time you park in the grocery store parking lot. New doesn't last forever. It last approximately until someone dings your door (in which case, having a new car doesn't solve your agonizing over the blemishes, does it?)... Only way to keep it in tip-top shape is to garage and never drive it.
I wholeheartedly agree, which is why I haven't concerned myself over new rock chips or anything like that. My overall goal was to grab what could potentially be the newest version of the car and get a solid fresh start with plans to own it for a long long time. And if I owned my car outright that would also make it a much harder decision.

Right now, I'm currently sitting at them offering me a 17' Magnetic w/Recaro, Nav, Ebony wheels, Red calipers for $19,900 out the door. Now I'm waiting to see what they offer me for my car and that will ultimately decide if I'm going to pull the trigger or not.

That's a strong number otd man! What dealer are you working with? You may want to brace for a low trade offer though. It's been my experience in the past that places dealing that low on the same model car aren't going to offer much on the trade, sighting the fact that they sell new ones for x amount....Was in the same situation before, ended up selling my trade to car max.

OP
B
Thread Starter #38
That's a strong number otd man! What dealer are you working with? You may want to brace for a low trade offer though. It's been my experience in the past that places dealing that low on the same model car aren't going to offer much on the trade, sighting the fact that they sell new ones for x amount....Was in the same situation before, ended up selling my trade to car max.
It's a dealer in Northern VA and not Koons. I'll post up a link to the car if it's not going to workout.

Right now, I didn't realize how low the KBB values on the Fiesta's were, so I don't think it's going to happen. I had set my head on $21k OTD total with any/all negative equity rolled in, but it doesn't look like it will get there, looks like it will be more like $22k OTD. The KBB value that the dealer told me to look at to get a range puts my car worth less in their zip code for the transaction then in my area. Again, my car has had no issues and this idea was more of a want then a need so I may have to pass depending on what they come back with.

me32

1000 Post Club
It's a dealer in Northern VA and not Koons. I'll post up a link to the car if it's not going to workout.

Right now, I didn't realize how low the KBB values on the Fiesta's were, so I don't think it's going to happen. I had set my head on $21k OTD total with any/all negative equity rolled in, but it doesn't look like it will get there, looks like it will be more like $22k OTD. The KBB value that the dealer told me to look at to get a range puts my car worth less in their zip code for the transaction then in my area. Again, my car has had no issues and this idea was more of a want then a need so I may have to pass depending on what they come back with.
Stay strong. Seems your within $1000. See if there is any wiggle room.

OP
B
Thread Starter #40
Stay strong. Seems your within $1000. See if there is any wiggle room.
Oh definitely, I'm making sure I check the impulse decision at the door so I don't get left with regret. Not to say $22k OTD for a FiST with those options is bad at all, but I also still love my car :)