Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What does the sound symposer sound like?

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #21
Ok after driving it to work, I can def tell a difference. On the highway in 6th at 2k rpm if I give it a little gas there isn't that bassy sound. And just in general when flooring it it's not as "full" as a sound. Idk if I like it or not.

I am gonna try to take the whole box out and shave a pound or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterfan

Hi I'm considering deleting the sound symposer, but I can't find any videos of the sound before and after. Can anyone tell me if they are glad they deleted it and what it sounds like after the delete? Thanks.
Symposer delete was my first mod. Beyond Glad. I probably would not have bought the car if I didn't already know this is a simple and cheap DIY mod.

Symposer is not unpleasant, just straight up way too loud and intrusive for my preference.

YMMV

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I deleted it the day I brought the car home because it is a FAKE sound of nothing 'naturally occurring' in the car's power train, basically boost pressure 'pulse' noise. [thumbdown]

But yes, still not quite as bad as 'piped in' via the sound system speakers TOTALLY fabricated sounds.

I thought it sounds more like a tire rubbing on the fenders than engine sound.
I want to remove it as well, as the membrane at some point will fail, and loss of power will be noted.
I see a lot of solutions.
I want to:
1- Plug the dash compartment after removing the hose.
2- Remove any piping connected to the sound symposer that can be removed.

I see a lot of people taking out the sound symposer, and plugging the hose towards the symposer.
I think the car might be more effective when all the hoses are removed, and the plug is plugged as close to the source as possible (engine, or where ever).
I still have to figure out after I remove the box, hose to the cabin, and remove the vertical hose underneath the box, if any more hoses can be removed? (like the horizontal mountingpoint for the vertical hose under the sound imposer, is it needed? and where is it going to?

Ok after driving it to work, I can def tell a difference. On the highway in 6th at 2k rpm if I give it a little gas there isn't that bassy sound. And just in general when flooring it it's not as "full" as a sound. Idk if I like it or not.

I am gonna try to take the whole box out and shave a pound or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6th at 2k rpm? Up here in Onterrible a consistent 120 kms is normal and my car normally sits around 3k rpm. Maybe I'll slow down a little and sit around 2k for a bit and see what ya mean.
Personally I love the sound symposer (for now) we will see once my intake and other mods go on.