Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What does the sound symposer sound like?

Based

Hi I'm considering deleting the sound symposer, but I can't find any videos of the sound before and after. Can anyone tell me if they are glad they deleted it and what it sounds like after the delete? Thanks.

LaserWhisperer

Buzzy, like the car has a sport-tuned exhaust. But really it's just a vacuum actuated diaphragm, with one side piped into your cabin so you hear the vibration. It makes the car sound cooler than it actually does from the inside. It's quieter after the delete, and the car still sounds cool [werd]

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #4
Oh so it's that bassy tone that is so loud? Kind of an artificial weird sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I deleted my symposer 2 days ago and I'm honestly surprised what a difference it made. Especially under hard acceleration at 4k RPM and up - the inside is much quieter now.. At least until I get my MAP catback installed :)

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
[video=youtube;CquuP5ofrYw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CquuP5ofrYw&feature=youtu.be[/video]
I really wish that video would have come out better. My brother handled the filming and editing on it. The info is good, but the video as a product is lacking. Glad to see it still gets used to help people understand the symposer.

The sound comes in through a plastic tube under the dash on the driver's side above the pedals. A wine bottle cork is the perfect size to plug the tube. This is an easy and quick way to test if you like the sound.

(I can't see any of the videos posted above on my work pc, so not sure if they cover this or not)

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #12
Well I just plugged it up with an expansion plug and put the tube back on the thing. I guess it sounds less bassy but I can't really tell. I guess it's the kind of thing that I can't notice until I unplug it again

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I did the delete last night with a $3 expansion plug and I can definitely tell a difference. It's most noticeable when you're cruising in 6th gear and you give it part throttle. I don't get that annoying BRRRRRRRRRR anymore.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #14
I did the delete last night with a $3 expansion plug and I can definitely tell a difference. It's most noticeable when you're cruising in 6th gear and you give it part throttle. I don't get that annoying BRRRRRRRRRR anymore.
Did you put the tube back on too?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
No I took off the entire thing and removed the sound tube at the elbow fitting behind the battery.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I did a symposer delete and then drove the car thinking "I should really get on that symposer delete soon" lol. Maybe I'm deaf, but i noticed 0 difference. I should mention that I did the delete well after getting CPE's nexus system, so perhaps a louder exhaust system overshadows the symposer sound.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #18
Ah I left the box and all that on. I just put a plug in the box and put the tube back on

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
If you're leaving it all on, you could just stick a paper towel in the sound tube and it has the same effect. That's what I did first to see the difference in sound.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

That's the way I did my delete as well.

I think most on here just put the expander into the hose we removed, and then clamp it, just like all of the aftermarket plugs install? [dunno]
For extra measure, corrosion protection for the washer/bolt assembly, and leak protection guarantee, I put one of the Sure Motorsport silicone cap things (https://www.suremotorsports.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HARD0507) over the whole thing, with their supplied clamp. ;)