Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dealers + Warranty issues = pulling teeth

So took my 2016 to the dealer today to look at the display as its freezing, throwing error codes when phones are plugged in and just slow as hell, shocks making noise and car has overheated 6+ times (no warning bells but went into limp mode twice) going up hills and two times when driving in 30C weather with ac on.

Well 5 hours later they're trying to tell me the display works like it suppose to and doesn't act slow and life is wunderbar. Ok so head back to the dealer to test the system while the repair guy is there. Oh look its doing the same thing just like I explained it.

Car overheating. They say no error codes and cooling system test/check comes back ok. Well no shit its not going to overheat sitting in an air conditioned car shop while idling. Apparently doing a road test to test it like the way I explained it happens is just too much work.

At least they acknowledged the passenger side shocks need replacing but 1 week wait for parts lol.

Did forget to tell them about the heater for the most part being all or nothing heat. I'll save that for another time.

Took mine in for a bad whine in the trans, have to pick it up tomorrow and then bring it back Wednesday so that they can tear down the trans. Hopefully they don't try to rebuild this thing

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
Took mine in for a bad whine in the trans, have to pick it up tomorrow and then bring it back Wednesday so that they can tear down the trans. Hopefully they don't try to rebuild this thing
When I was getting my Broncos engine rebuilt I was going to get the AOD tranny rebuilt BUT there are only a few people that can rebuild those properly and even then no guarantees it wont go on you so deicded on a swap to C6 which lost the OD but they're buller proof. So yah it would suck to be stuck with a dealer rebuilt tranny and not knowing if it was done by an expert or the factory.

me32

1000 Post Club
There is a tsb out for the fan relay. Make sure they check that ran
It was a huge issue for alot st.

Also have them update to the latest sync 3 software.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
There is a tsb out for the fan relay. Make sure they check that ran
It was a huge issue for alot st.

Also have them update to the latest sync 3 software.
The system is already on Sync 3 just responds to touch like molasses. I'll mention the fan relay.

me32

1000 Post Club
The system is already on Sync 3 just responds to touch like molasses. I'll mention the fan relay.
There is an update for sync 3. If you have not got the update then you may need to have the dealer update it for you as that could fix some of your issues.

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
There is an update for sync 3. If you have not got the update then you may need to have the dealer update it for you as that could fix some of your issues.
Actually the service counter guy said I got the latest Sync 3. I can't see it being software as it goes to shit even more on hot days. So probably the unit itself overheating. Will report back next week when the shocks are replaced.

me32

1000 Post Club
Actually the service counter guy said I got the latest Sync 3. I can't see it being software as it goes to shit even more on hot days. So probably the unit itself overheating. Will report back next week when the shocks are replaced.
I'm not sure if Canada has a different version of sync 3 than the US model. but i do know that none of the 2016 US models have the latest software unless someone updated them.

www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads...Auto-and-AppleCarPlay-(download-links-inside)

Read this thread. It is possible that yours is a hardware issue. But also sounds like software too.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Search the forum for the climate control issue. There was a time period for 16 models that had the same all or nothing heat issue. Updated software fixed it for me

OP
D
Thread Starter #10
So took my 2016 to the dealer today to look at the display as its freezing, throwing error codes when phones are plugged in and just slow as hell, shocks making noise and car has overheated 6+ times (no warning bells but went into limp mode twice) going up hills and two times when driving in 30C weather with ac on.

Well 5 hours later they're trying to tell me the display works like it suppose to and doesn't act slow and life is wunderbar. Ok so head back to the dealer to test the system while the repair guy is there. Oh look its doing the same thing just like I explained it.

Car overheating. They say no error codes and cooling system test/check comes back ok. Well no shit its not going to overheat sitting in an air conditioned car shop while idling. Apparently doing a road test to test it like the way I explained it happens is just too much work.

At least they acknowledged the passenger side shocks need replacing but 1 week wait for parts lol.

Did forget to tell them about the heater for the most part being all or nothing heat. I'll save that for another time.
As always if you have a problem call Ford Corporate. They'll elevated it to the regional customer service rep and he'll have a word with your dealer's service manager...

OP
D
Thread Starter #15
As always if you have a problem call Ford Corporate. They'll elevated it to the regional customer service rep and he'll have a word with your dealer's service manager...
I'll use that as a last resort and trying to be civil atm even though what I stated seems to have gone on def ears. Wife had to go ape shit on Dodge when the Journeys touch screen went and had to bring it in 4 times (Magically they could never download the firmware) before she lost it and said shes not leaving till they pull out a unit of of a new car and install it today. Two weeks later the new in dash went too lmfao.

They're not going to shitkick your car to make it overheat. If it actually overheated and limped, the coolant light would've come on and it would've set a code. The pinpoint test for the code is short and quickly leads you to replace the rad. We can't just replace parts for shits. Ford needs to see the proper procedures followed to start giving you free parts.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #17
They're not going to shitkick your car to make it overheat. If it actually overheated and limped, the coolant light would've come on and it would've set a code. The pinpoint test for the code is short and quickly leads you to replace the rad. We can't just replace parts for shits. Ford needs to see the proper procedures followed to start giving you free parts.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Were not talking about shit kicking the car I'm talking about driving the speed limit up hills on hot days and the temp gauge going all bars and car going into limp mode, same thing you'd do with any other passenger car and going along with traffic. It even overheated on flat ground in North Van with the AC on. Had to turn the heater on for the gauge to go down. Obviously they did the same kind of testing on the cooling system as how they tested the display unit, trying to convince me that it was working 100% then when I get there 15 min later the repair counter guy didn't have much to say when I showed him that its borked. They even had it written down on what the problem was and how to reproduce it.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I'm not sure if Canada has a different version of sync 3 than the US model. but i do know that none of the 2016 US models have the latest software unless someone updated them.

www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads...Auto-and-AppleCarPlay-(download-links-inside)

Read this thread. It is possible that yours is a hardware issue. But also sounds like software too.
If you have wi-fi they update themselves so many '16 have updated without doing anything.

OP
D
Thread Starter #20
Which dealership are you taking your car?

Mainland in Surrey as its the closest but I got the car from Coastal in Burnaby. That was the only dealer at the time that had a new and lease return ST so that's who got the sale.