Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST FSB bushing torque specs

Hi all,

I've ordered an Eibach front sway bar for my FiST. I'm working on how i'd be installing it. There is one thing that has been bugging me. I can't seem to find the torque spec to the bushings to the Subframe for the sway bar.

https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202951760-Tutorial-Fiesta-ST-Anti-Sway-Bar-Install

Everywhere i've looked only showed the sub-frame torque specs as well as the End link torque specs.

Thanks in advance :)

OP
T
Thread Starter #2
Found out what they are. If anybody was wondering.

44 ft lbs for front subframe e12 bolts

35 for bar bushings to subframe

Factory spec for rear subframe bushings was 74 ft-lbs plus 240 degrees. I just ended up doing 90ftlbs. Wasn't comfortable w/the 240 degrees.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
So why even worry about torque specs if you're not going to follow them? LOL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
So why even worry about torque specs if you're not going to follow them? LOL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
My original post was asking for the torque specs of the front sway bar bushing, i torqued those to spec. I also torqued the front 2x e12 sub-frame bolts.

As for the last 2 sub-frame bolts, usually when when they ask for additional degrees after initial torque the bolts are a TTY. If you reuse a torque-to-yield bolt, the chance of it snapping off is far, far greater. I did use a TTY angle gauge and got up to about 180 Degrees after the initial 74 ft-lbs. It got me to about 85 ft lb ish (i checked my cracking up my torque wrench in small increments till it slightly nudged the bolt head). The reason why I didn't continue to 240 and settled at 90 ft-lbs was cause it felt like like it would strip if I had continued. Most sub-frame bolt torque specs are usually about 65-78 ft-lbs w/o TTY angle ( basing those tq values from experience removing my civic and camry's sub-frame). If I had new sub-frame bolts on hand I would've been more comfortable doing the 74ft lbs + 240 deg.

and of course correct me if i'm wrong. :)