Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Knock count.

codestp202

Not sure where you get your 91 octane at. But I've never had an issues with ca 91 at chevron. Id recommend you find a new gas station
I'm getting my gas from the best gas stations in the bay area. There's just no argument about how much more safely you can make power and how much happier the engine will run on an e30 blend. I always had some negative corrections regardless of Cobb stage 1 stage 2 or dhm tune. It's gonna have some knock and negative corrections if you are trying to make 25-26 psi on the stock turbo on 91. The e30 makes our engines run like magic

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
Honestly it seems my negative corrections are all about the same with arco being the best. Funny. Chevron shell mobil 76 you know em all.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club
I'm getting my gas from the best gas stations in the bay area. There's just no argument about how much more safely you can make power and how much happier the engine will run on an e30 blend. I always had some negative corrections regardless of Cobb stage 1 stage 2 or dhm tune. It's gonna have some knock and negative corrections if you are trying to make 25-26 psi on the stock turbo on 91. The e30 makes our engines run like magic

Ofcourse it's gonna be safer to run E30. Same reason i run E85 in my gt500. It's just makes more power. Down side is mpg suffers. But since my gt500 is not a DD mpg is not a real issue. Now the st is MY DD so running E30 tune is not really benifical for my needs. But to say ca gas is crap really isn't true. You may think your getting the best gas in the bay but if you truly were you would not have issue on a cobb OTS map.

codestp202

Ofcourse it's gonna be safer to run E30. Same reason i run E85 in my gt500. It's just makes more power. Down side is mpg suffers. But since my gt500 is not a DD mpg is not a real issue. Now the st is MY DD so running E30 tune is not really benifical for my needs. But to say ca gas is crap really isn't true. You may think your getting the best gas in the bay but if you truly were you would not have issue on a cobb OTS map.
I didn't have any issues with my cobb ots maps. They were fine, just did not make a whole lot of power.
I'm more so saying the DHM tune was really pushing it to the limit to make that power on 91.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Even though it is a bit high people are forgetting that this is with a long drive. The car is going to knock while cruising and best thing to do is do a 3rd gear pull and go off that.
Absolutely wrong. A knock count of 5 that registers as the max means it's a serious knock event. A knock event of 1 that happens 5 times is not that big of a deal, but sorry, it does not knock while cruising. If it does, you've got something else seriously wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Ya, Cali gas does suck. Sorry.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Absolutely wrong. A knock count of 5 that registers as the max means it's a serious knock event. A knock event of 1 that happens 5 times is not that big of a deal, but sorry, it does not knock while cruising. If it does, you've got something else seriously wrong.

Like I said the count of 5 is pretty high and let me rephrase what I said because cruising probably wasn't the best word and you are correct maintaining the same throttle input and speed the car won't knock. What I meant to say is just on your days drive with stop and go traffic, lights, stops etc the car will experience knock depending how you are driving/accelerating. Some cars will even register knock on hard bumps/potholes in the road.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Under a fairly light psi in 6th like 4 or 5 it registered a 2 in eco mode. Put it 5th floor it and no knock.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Like I said the count of 5 is pretty high and let me rephrase what I said because cruising probably wasn't the best word and you are correct maintaining the same throttle input and speed the car won't knock. What I meant to say is just on your days drive with stop and go traffic, lights, stops etc the car will experience knock depending how you are driving/accelerating. Some cars will even register knock on hard bumps/potholes in the road.
Disagree. Whether I'm cruising or WOT the most knock I've ever had was 2

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
What are common causes of knocking?

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
What about those lil bottles of octane booster? Just to see of it stops. Got a count of 3 once on the way to work today. When I leave to go home I will fill up with shell. See if its any better. Thx to all of you guys for the help.

codestp202

Dude, please flash back to stock setup and see if you are seeing the same issue. Could be your plugs, bad gas, the tune is causing the issue.

codestp202

I wouldn't do a couple gallons, I would put 1. Putting 2 gallons is taking you close to e20 range when you're tuned for 91.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
Went back to stg 1 seems the same. Stock tune tomorrow it is

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
Ok before I go home in the morning.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I doubt it's the tune. Check your spark plugs.