Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Knock count.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
Did my 65 mile drive. Driving like I normally would and got a 2 count, but in stg 0 I boosted a lil bit more than stg 1 and 2. Is that odd? and oct adjust ratio was way different. Ill dwap to the stock spark plugs on friday and try to do a log friday or Saturday evening.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

codestp202

When you flash another tune it will relearn the octane ratio. It will start at 0 and the more you drive the car it will move to -1 if your gas is good. It looks like yours is starting to move towards -1 so I don't think your gas is bad. I don't see any negative corrections so that's good. The knock isn't an issue from what I can see on the screen. I think you're fine, but you need to take a log to show us all the info to really see whats going on. Knock isn't necessarily a bad thing as the stratified article would show. So any knock you got was very very minor and a non-issue.

If your gap on your plugs is fine, I think you are okay to go back to the tune you were using and take a 3rd gear log.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
Ok so whats the gap supposed to be on the plugs? And back to stg 2 ok. Should I still swap back to the stock plugs?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Stratified likes colder plugs on all Ecoboosts and recommends .026 on the FiST.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
Ok thx I will regap if nessesary.

me32

1000 Post Club
Ok thx I will regap if nessesary.

Where you told to go with the plugs you Got? Also if you were did they recommend a gap to run with your setup? I've never been a huge fan of too cold of a plug mostly because they have a rougher idle and aren't as smooth at low rpm. But if your tuner recommend that plug for your setup it's normally good to run what they reccomend

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #67
Lots of reading suggested 1 step colder for a stg 1 through 3 setup. Also read it could help neg corrections.

me32

1000 Post Club
Lots of reading suggested 1 step colder for a stg 1 through 3 setup. Also read it could help neg corrections.

On a cobb OTS map stock plugs are used stag 1, 2, 3. Now some tuners may recommend colder plug for there tune. That's normally because boost is getting at least 5psi or higher than stock. Which adds more heat. On top of that gaps will get smaller to help prevent spark blow out at higher rpms with added boost.

If your tuner did not recommend colder plugs or smaller gaps I recommend staying with stock style plug and gap.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #69
Ill switch em out on Friday and see whait does.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #70
Another question for you guys. Why does my car make higher boost pressure on stg 0 than 1 or 2? Bout 1 1/2 pounds.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #71
Switched plugs. Gapped them to 26. Just did a log ill try and post it. Its a stg 0 log. Tomorrow evening ill do a stg 1 and 2 log.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72
Cant open my log at all. So frustrating! They're listed as adobe but adobe cant open them. Tried excel and that doesn't work either. Suggestions?

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #74
Laptop has them as pdf idk why

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #75
Worked better on a pc. How do i post it?

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #76
How do I post the log?

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #77
Did a tank without 1 gal of e85 and got a 6 knock. Guess 5 is not the max.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
104 for the high today, 107 for the high tomorrow; that's part of your problem. Are you running tunes with the stock intercooler in this heat?

I've ran 3 gallons of E85, the rest 91 E0 on the stock tune, and the car ran great. I wouldn't be running tunes with a stock intercooler, and 91 in 107* temps. At least add a gallon, or 2 of E85.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #80
Thx for the datazap info.
No I have a depo fmic.