Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Knock count.

99.99% of the time it's because of an incomplete Ecu calibration.
Aka how aggressive your "tune" is.
That in combination with sub par gasoline could absolutely create knock events such as what you're experiencing.

Remember. Creating a reliable and powerful "tune" for any car at WOT on a dyno takes about an hour or two.
Creating a reliable and powerful "tune" for partial throttle and partial load conditions take weeks/months of real world driving and logging.

I agree with most everyone's advice on here. Discontinue using your current "tune" and switch back to stock configuration. If you are still logging a knock event then there is a hardware issue. Even with poor quality gas.
If your knock goes away, then get a different "tune".

And no, you shouldn't ever experience any knock event whatsoever. If bumps/potholes are registering as knock events, then again, your "tune" is incomplete. Part of a full ECU calibration is setting knock sensor thresholds/sensitivity.
How do you think my BMW track car with 35 profile tires and all solid suspension mounting points would run if my Ecu was picking up "engine knock" every time I bumped a curb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club
Ya, Cali gas does suck. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No reason to be sorry. It would be nice to have 93 octane but 91 seems to work fine for everyday use. It's nice to have lots of E85 stations in the area im in. Something most states still dont have.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
No reason to be sorry. It would be nice to have 93 octane but 91 seems to work fine for everyday use. It's nice to have lots of E85 stations in the area im in. Something most states still dont have.
Agreed. I'd rather have 91+E85 than 93 without E85.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
There cobb's ots tunes. Mods are cp-e rmm, green frop in filter, depo fmic, muffler delete, denso itv 22's, and gfb dv+.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

codestp202

This thread is hilarious. Blind leading the blind. Party on
If it's the blind leading the blind, where is your helpful input? I think most of the advice here is smart.
He went to Stage 1 from stage 2, still knock. Now he's going to go to stock tune, if theres still knock we know its bad gas or mechanical, perhaps his spark plugs. Then if his Octane learn adjust rat goes down, we know its bad gas and he can pop 1 gallon of e85 in to see if that solves the issue. Then if that doesn't solve it, it is most likely his plugs bad, or not gapped properly.

codestp202

Yeah that article is good. However, 5 knock events is a lot. It would be helpful to have a better picture of whats happening in his other cylinders. Hence why I asked him to take a 3rd gear log. If we're only monitoring one cylinder, then it doesn't give us the full picture.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Yeah that article is good. However, 5 knock events is a lot. It would be helpful to have a better picture of whats happening in his other cylinders. Hence why I asked him to take a 3rd gear log. If we're only monitoring one cylinder, then it doesn't give us the full picture.
5 total counts. Thats not alot

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Re-rx7 you clearly don't understand how knock count is measured.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Re-rx7 you clearly don't understand how knock count is measured.

Ok... Without extra info its impossible to know excatly whats going on with his car. Is he reading the Register of how knock? I.e The sum of every event? Need to see corrections.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Troubleshooting 101:

Are you having issues that weren't present before? If yes, proceed to next line.

Did you recently change something related? If yes, proceed to next line.

Possible remedy = revert to previous state.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
troubleshooting 101:

Are you having issues that weren't present before? If yes, proceed to next line.

agree

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Troubleshooting 101:

LMAO! Yes, it is that simple.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #60
Okay did not know there was a stg 0 lol. Uninstalled the ap then monitors wouldn't work as im sure you all know. Didn't want to try again cause of the connect a battery charger deal. Drove home nicely. Went out 15 min ago installed stg 0. Leaving for wirk in 30min will have info soon. Thx guys.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk