Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need some advice

Picking up my 2017 Magnetic ST with Smokestorm Recaros and ebony wheels from West Virginia next week and driving 560 miles back to New York. Can't wait to hit the backroads. I plan to install a turbosmart BOV in the first week and once the engine break in is complete i will cut the resonator out and go stage 1 with crackles from stratified. I want to get a downpipe with this but i am torn as far as going hi flow or catless. I would love to hear the turbo spool thru the exhaust and i'm sure the crackles will be louder but i don't want to have to swap back to stock dp every year for emissions. How much power difference is there between hiflow and catless and is there any way to set monitors as READY without a cat?

20881897_10212866201503831_5246775230430384975_n.jpg

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
To be honest you don't even need a high-flow cat LOL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
V
Thread Starter #6
Thanks guys! one other thing, when i was speaking to the salseman on the phone he had said the car had all season bridgestones on it. Doing some research i highly doubt that and am pretty sure it's just the Summer Only RE050a's. Now this is going to be my daily commuter and need it to work in all weather. What's the absolute cheapest option to go for? high performance all seasons or small steelies and winter tires? And do you think i could negotiate something with the salesman being that he gave me false information??

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thanks guys! one other thing, when i was speaking to the salseman on the phone he had said the car had all season bridgestones on it. Doing some research i highly doubt that and am pretty sure it's just the Summer Only RE050a's. Now this is going to be my daily commuter and need it to work in all weather. What's the absolute cheapest option to go for? high performance all seasons or small steelies and winter tires? And do you think i could negotiate something with the salesman being that he gave me false information??
The majority of salesmen know jack **** about cars. I bought a spare set of OEM wheels for winter tires for the FiST I'm going to mod. For the one that I'm keeping stock--I'm just going to get a nice set of all seasons.

The best way would be to have a summer & winter set.

me32

1000 Post Club
The majority of salesmen know jack **** about cars. I bought a spare set of OEM wheels for winter tires for the FiST I'm going to mod. For the one that I'm keeping stock--I'm just going to get a nice set of all seasons.

The best way would be to have a summer & winter set.
This is the best option. Stock wheels seem to be pretty cheap on the forum

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
[video=youtube;avwOcNXCXm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avwOcNXCXm0&index=6&list=PLppv0DR03yjU3D-fSQ6YSZaJqqQvH4Bvb&t=1s[/video]

Welcome! The above video may help you with the winter tire question. There are a couple of cost effective options, ranging from picking up used wheels from a 1995+ Contour/Mystique, 1999+ Cougar, 2000-2011 Focus, or 2011+ Fiesta, buying steel wheels, or going with aluminum wheels. A 15" wheel is ideal for the winter as mentioned in the video. A dedicated winter and summer set is the safest and will make your Fiesta more enjoyable in all weather conditions.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
[video=youtube;avwOcNXCXm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avwOcNXCXm0&index=6&list=PLppv0DR03yjU3D-fSQ6YSZaJqqQvH4Bvb&t=1s[/video]

Welcome! The above video may help you with the winter tire question. There are a couple of cost effective options, ranging from picking up used wheels from a 1995+ Contour/Mystique, 1999+ Cougar, 2000-2011 Focus, or 2011+ Fiesta, buying steel wheels, or going with aluminum wheels. A 15" wheel is ideal for the winter as mentioned in the video. A dedicated winter and summer set is the safest and will make your Fiesta more enjoyable in all weather conditions.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
watch the video and see why using 17" wheels in the winter isn't the best. I had to go that route during the Fiesta Movement and would not do that on my personal car.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=8517]VivaLaFiesta[/MENTION] You're right about 17" tire prices being a bit higher.
[MENTION=1313]BRGT350[/MENTION] Physics prove that you're right about 15" being better in deep-ish snow.

I got a set of black OE wheels that I'm going to use during the winter for $120. At $30 a wheel- I couldn't resist. I'm just banking that our Nebraska snow won't be too terrible. Most likely a different story for you folks; I probably wouldn't use a 17" wheel in NY, or MI either.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The majority of salesmen know jack **** about cars.
I once heard a salesman, with a straight face, and fully believing that he was 100% correct, say that "Yeah, the turbocharger recirculates and BURNS the exhaust gas again to get the most power." [crazyeye] [facepalm]

The vast majority are con men, carnival barkers, or order takers at BEST. [:(]

brbauer2

I once heard a salesman, with a straight face, and fully believing that he was 100% correct, say that "Yeah, the turbocharger recirculates and BURNS the exhaust gas again to get the most power." [crazyeye] [facepalm]

Went car shopping with my sister and the sales guy told her that she would never have to worry about getting stuck in the snow because the car had front wheel drive...it was a Cruze. We didn't buy her a car there.

Welcome OP!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club

Went car shopping with my sister and the sales guy told her that she would never have to worry about getting stuck in the snow because the car had front wheel drive...it was a Cruze. We didn't buy her a car there.

Welcome OP!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
The salesman who sold me the 2017 FiST has the new Ford F-150 V6 turbo... he said he uses E87 for fuel...

Ford Community Posts