Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need some advice

brbauer2

The salesman who sold me the 2017 FiST has the new Ford F-150 V6 turbo... he said he uses E87 for fuel...
One of my FoST buddies had a sales guy ask him how hard it was to add the turbo when he was waiting for an oil change. Sales idiot tried to tell him the FoRS was the only Ford that had a turbo from the factory.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I just talked to a new ST owner yesterday that wanted to use the same 17" wheels in the summer and winter. The mounting and de-mounting of the tires each season will tear up the finish on the wheels and promote corrosion. When we had the Fiesta Movement ST, the only marks on the car were from the dealer replacing tires and then again when the winter tires were installed. The 17" wheels also filled up with snow and vibrated terribly. The 17" snow tires are also far more expensive. The steelies are cheaper, but tend to look horrible. My brother uses steelies on his Fiesta and the car looks like an abused rental. I prefer to spend a touch more and pick up a decent set of aluminum wheels. For us, we run winter tires longer than summer tires, so best to have a decent looking set. I install the winter set in late October and remove them in late April or May, depending on when it warms up. 15-20 years ago, I could install the winter set in December and be back on summers in March. Those days are over.

A little winter tire story for everyone:
A few years ago a friend of mine bought a beautiful Mercedes C class. He had always wanted one and finally got to a point in which he could afford it. The car was a few years old and came with a nice set of performance summer tires. I asked if he was going to get winter tires for it, and he didn't think it was needed. The first snow of the season, he lost control of the car going down a hill in the neighborhood and crashed his Merc into a pile of decorative boulders at the gated entrance to his neighborhood. The car was totaled due to all the underbody damage. No matter how good of a car you own, the only thing touching the ground is 4 patches of rubber. Don't ruin a good car by picking the wrong tire for the season.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
^^^ Good stuff. I work with a guy who has an STI. He was still driving on summer tires on a hwy with 2" of snow on it. He said it was absolutely terrifying. He was white knuckled; said the car was all over the place, and couldn't stop, etc. Drivetrain means nothing compared to tires for winter driving.

OP
V
Thread Starter #24
Okay thanks a lot guys. It looks like i can get a brand new set of 15 inch steelies with blizzacks mounted and balanced for around 600 from tirerack. Gunna use that as a base refference and shop around

**if anybody has 15inch wheels they would sell to me send me a pm. I am located in the Tri State Area

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Okay thanks a lot guys. It looks like i can get a brand new set of 15 inch steelies with blizzacks mounted and balanced for around 600 from tirerack. Gunna use that as a base refference and shop around

**if anybody has 15inch wheels they would sell to me send me a pm. I am located in the Tri State Area
You bet. You can always do a WTB (want to buy) ad in the WTB section.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran

I wonder how many "Tri-State" areas there are in the US.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Browse the regular Fiesta and Focus forums as well for 15" wheels since many of those owners are looking to sell stock wheels for something bigger. Not sure how many first gen Focus owners there are that are still active, but it is worth a shot to find wheels.