Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Velossa Tech Design BIG MOUTH - Generation 3

Trader history for VelossaTech (0)

What You Guys think, should i block the Hole at the Bottom of my Mountune Airbox or let it open with the Big Mouth? Is there someone who did some research over Temps and Airflow?

Installed mine last Weekend.
My EU Fiesta ST is a bit different so i needed to cut some more Parts and used two Washers on the Bolt to fit it straight, but i came out nice [pics?]

LILIKE16ST

What You Guys think, should i block the Hole at the Bottom of my Mountune Airbox or let it open with the Big Mouth? Is there someone who did some research over Temps and Airflow?

Installed mine last Weekend.
My EU Fiesta ST is a bit different so i needed to cut some more Parts and used two Washers on the Bolt to fit it straight, but i came out nice [pics?]

From what I have read as long as the hose from your mountune air box is facing forward it won't interfere with the function of the big mouth and will in fact aid it in adding additional airflow. It don't matter how many ram inlets you have so long as they're all facing forward so if you're going to mod it mod it to where it is facing forward so it works in conjunction with the big mouth and not against it (if it isn't already forward facing) rather than block it off. I'll be installing the cpe intake and big mouth very soon and the cpe has a bottom feeding air duct as well but it faces forward so it should work in conjunction with the big mouth. This is what I gathered when this question was asked to velossa tech directly on here a while back.

AzNightmare

From what I have read as long as the hose from your mountune air box is facing forward it won't interfere with the function of the big mouth and will in fact aid it in adding additional airflow. It don't matter how many ram inlets you have so long as they're all facing forward so if you're going to mod it mod it to where it is facing forward so it works in conjunction with the big mouth and not against it (if it isn't already forward facing) rather than block it off. I'll be installing the cpe intake and big mouth very soon and the cpe has a bottom feeding air duct as well but it faces forward so it should work in conjunction with the big mouth. This is what I gathered when this question was asked to velossa tech directly on here a while back.
I missed that discussion. What's the science for the mountune hose facing forward vs. backward?
I have my hose tucked in the void above the fog light. I think it's facing backward, toward the wheel.

LILIKE16ST

I missed that discussion. What's the science for the mountune hose facing forward vs. backward?
I have my hose tucked in the void above the fog light. I think it's facing backward, toward the wheel.
Basically the way I understood it is the pressure built by the big mouth would ecscape the bottom of the box if the lower tube was facing anywhere but forward. That said if you can't find a way to face it forward maybe you should delete it? Maybe we can get velossa tech to come on here and answer this or someone else with more knowledge but that is what I understand based on what I've read.

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #25
Basically the way I understood it is the pressure built by the big mouth would ecscape the bottom of the box if the lower tube was facing anywhere but forward. That said if you can't find a way to face it forward maybe you should delete it? Maybe we can get velossa tech to come on here and answer this or someone else with more knowledge but that is what I understand based on what I've read.
You should be OK with or without a forward facing tube. Since the engine is always 'sucking' at WOT and max load, it will always request air it wants, the hole at the bottom is just going to be another inlet for the filter to pull air from. Having the bottom hole facing forward with the mini duct is a plus (just as AzNightmare pointed out) but wont make or break the setup. From the testing we've done, your box will be fine, there is a grey area on 'how sealed' the box should be. It doesnt need to be perfectly hermetic since the engine is producing negative pressure (sucking) and the big mouth will be supplying 'most' of the air even if there is another opening somewhere.

Best,

D

LILIKE16ST

You should be OK with or without a forward facing tube. Since the engine is always 'sucking' at WOT and max load, it will always request air it wants, the hole at the bottom is just going to be another inlet for the filter to pull air from. Having the bottom hole facing forward with the mini duct is a plus (just as AzNightmare pointed out) but wont make or break the setup. From the testing we've done, your box will be fine, there is a grey area on 'how sealed' the box should be. It doesnt need to be perfectly hermetic since the engine is producing negative pressure (sucking) and the big mouth will be supplying 'most' of the air even if there is another opening somewhere.

Best,

D
That's really good to know thanks for the info that clears some stuff up.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Or the Davinci crash bar...who bought the Jig from DHM. DO NOT BUY ONE OR ATTEMPT To buy one from Davinci as people have encountered problems receiving the crash bar after money was taken. That grille was "Shaved" also. There are a couple of after market grilles out there though...Whoosh offered or offers one I believe. Good luck and God speed!

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Ok, I'm digging up an old thread here, but I gotta ask: what crash bar is that, and what about the grille? Is it a stock grille that was carefully opened up on the lower honeycomb portion? Or is there a stock replacement grille that comes fully open?
A crash bar like that is available from TB Performance, if that's something you're looking for.

https://www.tbperformanceproducts.c...ta-ST-Crash-Bar/p/140831050/category=21924899

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is this company reputable? Unlike the original DHM, which I had read some reports of issues with. I like the idea of the crash bar, but there are other priorities for the car first certainly.
Absolutely....they have been around for a while and make great suspension 2 point...4 point traction bars. If I wanted one...I'd roll with them.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

finally got to installing the st200 and looking at this next

i noticed on the site that its a Gen4 with interchangeable flares now?
VT also offer the flares in different shapes but after selecting our vehicle,
it doesn't seem like the other shapes are available for our bigmouth fitment

i'd really like a Trapezoidal flare with the mouth!!

Last edited: