Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can't win with my dealer...

7 months ago my 15" started to make a horrible horrible trans whine, drop it off at the dealer, they order 3 parts...6 months later they arrive, 3 days later they call...car is great pick it up, drove it approx 6 miles and it whines as bad as it did before, guy at ford says drive it 7-10 days it will work it self out lol if it doesn't drop it back of lol, what a joke I am pissed! Anyone has these issues?!

I just took mine in for a horrible whine, had to make 2 appointments, one they just put headphones up the trans and found it was coming from there and then asked me to schedule another appointment with the trans tech, they asked me how to duplicate the problem and then I left it there overnight, they called me the next day said they talked to ford and they are putting in a new trans should be done Tuesday.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
6 months is ridiculous. I can't imagine parts taking that long to obtain. Thought maybe you were located in Siberia.

me32

1000 Post Club
What did they replace? Where parts on back order? Where they rude to you in any way? Doesnt sound from what you posted they did any thing wrong. You could always try another dealership.

I know exactly the whine you're talking about. Sounds almost like a metallic-ey tea kettle type of sound? I had exactly the same issue around ~2000 Miles.

Full transmission replacement was done, but it did take them a few test drives and all to figure it all out. I'll admit, I was very sour about it in the beginning being that purchasing the FiST was my first big financial decision I've ever made... Though, 6 Months sounds a bit ridiculous to be completely honest. But I'm sure your dealer will make good of it once they do the repairs. I got myself an extended warranty for my patience, so yours just might pay off.

Plus, these things are way too much fun to just give up on! [driving]